Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering.

i think ive been playing the game wrong!!

ok, well lucky for me i play orks and gk's, and my main enemies are SM, tau, and chaos.

but do you need 6's to hit jetbikes in CC? i was wondering about the eldar jetbikes and the Necron destroyers specifically.

thanks for the help.

feel free to lock this thread as soon as i get an answer

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Jetbikes are not Skimmers and in no place do the rules state that they are in any way treated as Skimmers. Anyone who tells you otherwise is making up rules. In close combat Jetbikes are treated exactly as any other model with a Weaponskill is treated.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
My guess is you were playing it that anything that floats is hit on a 6. "Skimmer" is a vehicle attribute, and only vehicles can ever claim to be one. All other models are hit on basis of weapon skill unless otherwise stated. This means things like jetbikes are hit based on weapon skill, unless they have a special rule that says otherwise.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sabe said:
My guess is you were playing it that anything that floats is hit on a 6. "Skimmer" is a vehicle attribute, and only vehicles can ever claim to be one. All other models are hit on basis of weapon skill unless otherwise stated. This means things like jetbikes are hit based on weapon skill, unless they have a special rule that says otherwise.
Absolutely. Since you have to assume the jetbikers get down to ground level to reach their enemies, they're within normal weapon reach.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, that is what i thought, but my eldar friend wasnt sure, because without that, the eldar jetbikes are just plain bad. but i dont want to make a big deal out of it.

thanks alot, ill send him the link to this thread

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nope, once upon a time bikes were treated diffrently many people have been confused by them since then.
The new edition has made it very simple Bikes are infantry with some special rules. everything you need to know is on page 53-54 of the 4th ed core rule book.
Any vehical with the word skimmer in it's profile is a skimmer.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Grand Master Halls said:
without that, the eldar jetbikes are just plain bad
Heheh. . . It certainly is the general consensus that Guardian Jetbikes suck. Probably 9/10 players would rather just go for Vypers any day over Jetbikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.