Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Surgeon General
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played a game against Tau yesterday.

I found his skimming tanks to be nearly impossible to destroy.

My question is: Can you get a penetrating hit on an skimmer which has moved more than 6 inches in close combat. In close combat you can only hit the skimmer on a roll of six and therefore I would say that you allready have the negative modifier for the vehicle being fast. If you also can score a penetrating hit there is no meaning in assaulting a skimmer at all...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Also note, that since non of his tanks are fast, he is giving up shooting with most everything, and any immobolized roll when he is moving 6+ inches kills the vehicle, even if it has landing gear (since LG needs to be use at the start of his movement turn).

But yes, all hits are glancing ig he moved more than 6"

·
Registered
410 Posts
urbanknight said:
According to the main rulebook page 69 heheh...

It counts as a glancing hit if the skimmer has moved over 6" in its movement phase.

details are there.
However remember that getting an Immobilized on a skimmer that moved more than 6" has the same effect as Veh destroyed.

Plus everyone who is onboard is going to be a hurting puppy making plenty of saves.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Also note, that since non of his tanks are fast, he is giving up shooting with most everything, and any immobolized roll when he is moving 6+ inches kills the vehicle, even if it has landing gear (since LG needs to be use at the start of his movement turn).
Im pretty sure if you buy a multitracker or one of those upgrades it acts as a fast skimmer and you can still shoot.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Yeah, your right, multi tracker on tau allows you to move and shoot over 6'', which is pretty nifty ... and just makes me realize the pwnage of tau vehicles. hah.

·
Surgeon General
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MiketehFox said:
And Don't Forget about Decoy Launchers, if ou get an Immobilized result, he can make you Re-roll it. :D
And there you have it...

To kill one of his vehicles you have to:

Shooting: Hit the vehicle, penetrate the armour (front 13), roll a six or double 5. Thats it. Pice of pie right ;)

Close Combat: Hit the vehicle (roll a six), penetrate the armour (front 13 ie roll a five or six if you use power fists), roll a six or double 5.

As you see this makes it almost impossible to kill one of his tanks in CC. I charged him with a ten manl squad of Blood Claws with three power fists. Result? One glancing, weapon destroyed...

Cheese!

·
Surgeon General
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MiketehFox said:
That's right I'm afraid, just don't forget, if he has no weapons left, Weapon destryoed counts as immobilised, and if he's alreay Immoblised, WEapons Destroyed and Immobilised result equal Vehicle Destroyed.

Mike
I killed one of his TRANSPORTS like that... His tanks has to many weapons... ;P

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Actually no, the Hammerhead only has 2 (The SMS system despite having 2 layunchers still get blow by one Weapon Destroyed Result) and Devilshies only have one (The Drones copunt as passengers) so it's not more than Predators or Falcons.

I know you weren't beoing all to serious, but I figured why not! Knowledge is power.

Mike

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wait....if I hit a skimmer and get weapon destroyed...that turns into a immobilized, and then it would be subject to being destroyed if moving more than 6 inches? What page is this on in the rule book?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Loestal said:
Wait....if I hit a skimmer and get weapon destroyed...that turns into a immobilized, and then it would be subject to being destroyed if moving more than 6 inches? What page is this on in the rule book?
It's on the page that says an skimmer moving over 6" that get immobilised is destroyed.

It doesn't matter if the original result was a weapon destroyed, the effect is the same - it needs no separate ruling.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It's all on page 57.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts