Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Clan Eshin Skaven have this ability to "leap" a friendly character any where on the table. So how do you stop 2 lvl 2 wizards from casting it on their nearby assassin right into your Hierophant? 'Cause i don't know about you but our T3 W2 Hierophant can never stand up to the 4 poisoned S4 attacks that an assassin gets base.

We were playing a game at 1k and his two sorcerers were using 3 PD each to cast this. I only had 4 DD and a scroll...

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Erm... Just exactly how was he using this spell? As far as i know... the only way to get it, i.e have access to the Skaven magic Lore, is by using a Grayseer, a Lord choice, only available at 2Kpts+. The only spell skaven can get at lower points is Warped Lightning (and spells from bound items)

But, if im wrong, and he can get this spell available at 1K... youll need a little bit of luck. Hope that one of the spells fails to miscast, and then easily dispal the other. Use the Scroll as a backup.

Or, a more foolproof plan. Put your Hiero (and all priests) in a Skellie unit. Have a unit champion, and when charged, declare a challenge with the skellie champ, The skaven must accept as he is alone. He will (probably) kill the skellie, but next turn cast a healing spell on the unit (that is if your static resoloution didnt beat him and make him flee last turn) The unit champ will resurrect 1st, and then any skellies you may have lost through resoloution.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yay, first post!

I've come up against pesky assassins as well and only escaped due to my 4+ ward. As has been mentioned, keeping your hierophant in a unit of skellies should allow him to avoid harm, you might even win the combat through static res.

As an added deterrent you could also keep a scorpion nearby to discourage any assassination attempts, thats also worked for me.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Gday,

Indeed, the eshin list allows assassins to contact the heirophant throiugh skitterleap. However, you can protect him like this:

Put the heiro in a position so that he MUST contact him, and the champion of a unit of skellies. Even better, put him between your prince, and champion.

Then, issue a challenge either with the champ, who you can resurtect, or the prince, who should kill him (bit risky, tho, with poison). He cant refuse, then he'll break from combat. Let arrows do the rest.

SSC's should take care of the rest of his ld5 army

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.