Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Pt Khorne List.

I'm looking to make a fun list that is fairly themed. This is the list that I am thinking about running but it will be my first chaos list so I am sure there are many things that need improvement. I am really kinda set on fielding three defilers because I really like the looks of the models and I think it fits in well with the theme. I've heard that they die fairly easily so I plan on fielding multiple vehicles to spread anti tank fire.

Any comments on how this army will play? Will it have enough anti tank?

HQ:
Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Plasma pistol, melta bombs, Blood Feeder
Daemon Prince - Mark of Khorne, Wings

Troops:
8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 2 Plasma Pistols, Champion has powerfist, bolt pistol, melta bombs
Rhino - Extra Armor and smoke

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 2 Plasma Pistols, Champion has powerfist, bolt pistol, melta bombs

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 2 Plasma Pistols, Champion has powerfist and bolt pistol

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 2 Plasma Pistols, Champion has powerfist and bolt pistol

Heavy Support:
Defiler
Defiler
Defiler

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well first of all I'm not a Khorny guy ;Y BUT I do have some general pointers regarding your list.

You are probably aware that the blood feeder is prone to chop off Khorne heads almost as much as it is supposed to chop Imperial scum. It is a dangerous weapon but I guess you are in it for the thrill, am I right?

And as you said before, the thing that really hit me with this list is the general lack of anti-tank. Seeing in my codex now that Berzerkers can't take meltas, I will have to think about what to do with the anti-tank problem.

And another thing, I'm guessing you are replacing the weaponry on the Defilers with additional closecombat weapons. Myself I have a huge dislike of Defilers, but the option of adding closecombat madness makes the Defiler an attractive choice, something I'm considering myself to take advantage off.

Well its not much but I hope it helps. And its allways nice to see some God-themed armies.

PS: You ever thought about adding Kharn? He's a closecombat madman and if I'm remebering correctly, he's also quite good with the ladies....uhm..the tanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the comments! 8Y

Yeah I know that the Blood Feeder is dangerous but he would get potentially 16 power weapon attacks per round. (If I rolled perfect) Plus he is 5 points less then Kharne, and Kharne still has that chance to attack my own guys.

Do you think Kharne would be a better choice then the lord I have listed?

Yes on the defilers I replaced the flamer and autocannon with close combat arms. I figure anything those two weapons can do the battle cannon can do just as well. One problem I ran into is in the actual modeling since the defiler boxes only come with one CCW arm I'm curious as to how anyone added another to the other side.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Do you think Kharne would be a better choice then the lord I have listed?
Very much so. Kharne is an excellent choice, due to his higher strength. When he Furious Charges, its worth 1-2 Beserkers to see what he does to enemy troops.

Shreds them, that is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No doubt a scary list in close combat, but i'm worried about your (lack of) antitank. You can't rely on close combat to take out vehicles, so a mechanized skimmer heavy list could probably rip this army a new one.

I'd suggest replacing at least some of those defilers with lascannon predators. The defilers are nice, but you really need some long range fire support to take out those vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about this? Would this work any better against vehicles? I replaced a CCW on the defilers with a lascannon. They'll follow the rhinos up 6 inches at a time firing either Las at vehicles or battlecannon at infantry.

HQ:
Kharne the Betrayer
Daemon Prince - Mark of Khorne, Wings

Troops:
8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 1 Plasma Pistol, Champion has powerfist, bolt pistol

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 1 Plasma Pistol, Champion has powerfist, bolt pistol

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 1 Plasma Pistol, Champion has powerfist and bolt pistol

8 Khorne Berzerkers with Champion - Mark of Khorne, 1 Plasma Pistol, Champion has powerfist and bolt pistol

Heavy Support:
Defiler - Twin Linked Las, CCW

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Choosing powerfists in a Berzerker squad is not the greatest idea - Power weapons keep Furious Charge intact, fists make your expensive champions attack last.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How about this? Would this work any better against vehicles? I replaced a CCW on the defilers with a lascannon. They'll follow the rhinos up 6 inches at a time firing either Las at vehicles or battlecannon at infantry.
I like it. Predators are better for the job at a lower price, but I understand that you want to keep the trend of monstrous HtH, aggressively advancing all those units. Too bad you will lose the fleet if you fire, but the covering firepower will be invaluable.8Y

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
The second list is a very good list. Better then not having any antitank. I like it. I would run it most definitely. And if you find you need to tweak it then do so how you feel will make it better. But I think it should run fine. The only advice would be to drop the PFists because the furious charge would be useless because they give your zerkers an I of 1...but other then that should run fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts