I think he works well on that Juggernaught. It isn't clear that he wasn't originally separate from it which I think is good. You could apply some more shading to the cracks in the model. Where did you get all those skulls on his base?
I have a bad habit of starting many projects and not documenting them... and i usually have a few on the go at the same time.#
As a result i don't have any images of the legs really.. all I have is this
I basically took skulltaker and set about butchering him with a razorsaw.. i initially wanted to cut the legs out and then use a blowtorch to heat the cape up so that i could rebend it into an appropriate shape.. I actually wanted to have it draped over the juggernaught. that was a no go, so
cut him in half,
cut the legs out,
trim the legs & remove skulls
drill, pin and glue cape back together.. here i created a skeleton of pinning wire between the join in the cape so the greenstuff had something to stick to.. I did the same thing with the arm and shield
add the legs back in an appropriate angle.
lots of filling, filing and trimming
undercoat.. a little more filing after a wash with devlan mud (I find the wash highlights any naff areas of greenstuff)
paint (needs to be finished)
Another option is cutting the cloak out between his legs and sticking him on top. It needs spare skulls from either the undead sprue or preferable the skulls that come with Bloodcrushers (they're roughly the right size) which can then be pressed into some green stuff.
Just in case anyone reading this is looking for alternative ideas.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Wargamers, Wargaming 40K enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Warhammer and Wargaming collections, miniatures, tactics, terrain, reviews, accessories, history, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!