Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my friend has about 24 Berserkers, 5 Termies, a Defiler, a Dead, Lord, Thrister (That's not really a Thrister anymore), DP, a Rhino, and 5 Raptors. Let's just say that he isn't the best player at 40k and tends to get fed up with the game when things start to go bad, which sad to say is sometimes very quickly, and just quits. This is probably because he hasn't really won a solid game yet and he has been playing for a while.

So I was hoping that you all could maybe help him with his list or give him any advice that might help out against Mech. Tau, DE, Nids, and mostly other Chaos.

His list is usually,

Lord
-MoK, Deamon Weapon, Termy Armor

DP
-MoS, Wings, The weird thing that makes you come closer and there's nothing you can do about it... thing

5 Termies
-Champs, 2 LC, MoS

3 8 Man Berserker Squads
-Plasma
-AC, P Weapon

5 Raptors
-Can't remember

Defiler
-2 xccw

Thanks!

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
My opinion is to get him to try and use some oblitoraters. Get him to try two units of two. Also, see if he can rework those terminators and the lord, the new trend is Combi plasmas and heavy flamers coming in from deepstrike onto icons, these can be devestating.

Also, go easy on him, it might help his confidence.

Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were playing an apoc game the other day and things on his table were looking rough. But he didn't quit/ give up like he likes to do. i'm pretty sure he managed a draw... and a pretty good one too. to tell you the truth i think hes a pretty good player... its just that he likes to give up. as well. time will tell what will happen

·
609 Posts
I was once playing against Tau and I had like, 4 models on the field and 3 in reserve.... and he had around 75% of his army.

I got a draw out of that game. Oblits are awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.