Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all.

For christmas I received a baneblade and have only been able to start on it now. I decided that i would do something different as there are so many of them out there.

To go with my new slaanesh themed renegade armoured company ive decided to make it a mobile command torture tank. I've used some ideas from the saw movies and the 3rd ultramarines novel to construct an operating table with various tools and machinery of surgery on the walls. The dark mechanicus techpriest is having a good time with whats left of a space marine.

There is still lots of detail to go. Any ideas to make it grosser/scary/chaosy?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My god, that is horrific and awesome! The only thing I can come up with is maybe adding a daemonette to "help" the dark mech. with his "fun."

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Maybe not a daemonette but some sort of heretic or cultist like from the dawn of war games if your familiar to help with the operation, but once its painted I think a lot of the grossness will come out to play :)
Maybe something living inside of him, or about to? the techpriest looks fantastic though.

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woah, nice work man.
Although I would have thought a Baneblade would be more worky bitz and less floor space.
Thats what i originally was going with but whats the fun in just worky bits?

I've got more to go in which will make it more cramped but i figure most of the engine and working parts are in the back and track sections. It's 40k after all, things don't have to work.:)

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Woah, nice work man.
Although I would have thought a Baneblade would be more worky bitz and less floor space.
Cut open like this the baneblade looks incredibly small! ;? Having not yet held the model in my own hands i didn't realize it's not THAT big!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cut open like this the baneblade looks incredibly small! ;? Having not yet held the model in my own hands i didn't realize it's not THAT big!
I have one, and trust me, its BIG, what you are seeing in those pics is only the center hull, the tracks double the width. all in all its about four times the size of a Leman Russ, and about 20 times meaner8Y.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Very nice conversion... I like all the little detail like the saw in his hands... only one question: Where is the Marine's other hand? That would be very nice to model it dropped to the floor... But overall a very nice and clever conversion! ;Y +rep

Reactions: Inquisitor Earl

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments.

The servo arm fits with about 2mm to spare.

I have been adding a few more pieces that have definately made it better. It does have a feel of dark eldar practices. Thats kinda what i was going for. If you've read Dead sky, Black Sun you will know about the gross stuff chaos dudes were doing with marines ;o

Thanks for the idea for the marine's hand Tsele. I'll definately be modelling that when i do all the chaosy sculpting in there.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Very cool design. I love it. Nothing like showing more to a model that just the outside.

The detail is nice. the various bobs and bits you've got lying around inside makes it look even cooler.

one piece of advice?...chains...*nods*

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
one piece of advice?...chains...*nods*
Excellent! thats what i was forgetting.

The constructions nearly done on the baneblade. Surprisingly I didn't have much trouble with the tracks as most people have said. Must be my history with WWII kits.

Updates later today. ;)

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Nice work ;Y

There is still lots of detail to go. Any ideas to make it grosser/scary/chaosy?
Besides some assistants, maybe you could add some "chunks" and such lying on the floor near the table, or some remains from previous victims.

Some of its kind of expensive (for what you get), and I'm not quite sure how well any of it would fit, but I think some of the pieces towards the bottom of this would look nice.
The stuff can be found here
I'm not saying that you should necessarily go around tearing things apart unless you really wanted to though. It looks good as-is ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.