Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

Since I need a little break from painting my Imperial Fists, I decided to start a new army (why not...)

My original idea was to create a Slaanesh Daemon army, but after checking out the codex, I was not thrilled. Plus, I sincerely hate the Fiend of Slaanesh model, and I figured that I would need quite a lot of those, were I to make a mono Slaanesh army.

Then I got an idea (as probably many others have done before me):

I will make a Slaanesh Eldar army. Now I know Dark Eldar aren't Chaos Eldar, but I figured that Slaanesh could destroy a group of Dark Eldar, and then resurrect them as a cross between daemon and eldar.

So before the actual list (that I have pretty much stolen from some forum (list building is not my forte)), I wan't to ask if you know of any text or other kinds of lore, that talks about Chaos Eldar in all forms, and if you can think of other ways to incorporate Slaaneshiness into a Dark Eldar army.

This is what I have so far:

Daemonnets with splinter pistols: Wyches

Beastmaster: Seeker of Slaanesh

Khymaera (sp?): Seeker of Slaanesh mounts)

And finally, the list. Please rip it appart (my gaming group tends to get quite competitive, so I would like to know that I lost because I'm a bad player - not because my list isn't competitive).

I like it because it has lots of beasts and some wyches (I love the daemonette and seeker models), and don't require me to paint 600 infantry-models.

1500 points:

HQ
Haemonculus (goes with one of the Wych squads for FnP)
Haemonculus (goes with the other Wych squad)

Elite
3 Trueborn - 3 Blasters // Venom w/ 2 SCs

Troops
8 Wyches - Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix, VenomBlade // Raider w/ Flickerfields
8 Wyches - Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix, VenomBlade // Raider w/ Flickerfields
5 Warriors - Blaster // Venom w/ 2 SCs

Fast
2 Beastmaster - 3 Khymerae, 2 Razorwing Flocks

Heavy
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

·
Registered
549 Posts
First let me say that I really like the theme of the list. If you read the fluff the old eldar actually caused the birth of slaanesh so it wouldn't surprise me if a portion of them became worshipers. Given that, you could use some of the Eldar bits as well to add flavor.

Now your list. Wyches in raiders are awesome troops. Hands down. I would give agonisors to the hekatrix though. The wyches low S makes them garbage to wound, and even though the venom blade fixes that, it doesn't address the issue of armor. A hekatrix with agonisor can really put a hurt on MEQ. Mine usually kills 2 marines on the charge.

Consider grisly trophies/torment grenade launchers for your raiders. They make more difference then you would think and they're cheap. Also try a disintegrator or two on raiders instead of DL. They really bring the pain to soft targets. It comes down to preference of course but it's worked for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your suggestions! I will try them out!

And I will definately use eldar bits as well. I think I will use the normal warriors, de-spiked a bit, as I like the models. Maybe one of them will have a little claw...

And the raiders and ravagers - can't really find an alternative to those...

·
Registered
124 Posts
With all the blasters and dark lances you have you could probably drop the haywire grenades on the wyches and use the points to give the helatrix's agonisers. Dissies aren't worth losing a DL in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see your point about agonisers. Thanks!

1500 points:

HQ
Haemonculus (goes with one of the Wych squads for FnP)
Haemonculus (goes with the other Wych squad)

Elite

Troops
8 Wyches - Hekatrix, Agoniser // Raider w/ Flickerfields
8 Wyches - Hekatrix, Agoniser // Raider w/ Flickerfields

Fast

Heavy
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mordos said:
With all the blasters and dark lances you have you could probably drop the haywire grenades on the wyches and use the points to give the helatrix's agonisers. Dissies aren't worth losing a DL in my opinion.
Dissies in game are so much better then they look on paper. Everyone is so obsessed with cramming in lance shots. I'm not saying trade them all. Swap out on a raider or two and try it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.