Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for me to begin painting my Renegade marine army.

I've been searching the web and all my reference pics for a possible colour scheme to no avail. I've tested about 5 different schemes and techniques but they just aren't right or unique enough.

I decided to use photoshop to try and come up with a scheme instead. I've used a picture of some deathwing terminators that are very nicely painted. I dont know where they came from or who the painter is but all credit to them for the nice work. The contrast of the armour and detail is what attracted me to the scheme. It's the contrast between tones that makes it pop (I believe.)

Using the hue/saturation tool and selecting different areas of the models i've come up with this:

The blue is daemonic fire rippling across the armour which i have sculpted on my models. Obviously the symbols will be slaanesh ones not dark angels ones. I really like this scheme but am wondering how to achieve the armour colour. I envisage it as a graduation from a warm purple to white on the edges of the armour. What colours should i use?

What do you think of this scheme? Is it unique? Does it pop?

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
For that look I'ld recomend starting with warlock purple, hilighting through tentacle pink and towards white.

·
Renaissance Man
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I will try warlock purple, highlighting through tentacle pink and towards white. Thanks Walex. Might try some washes in there somewhere and also some streaking for added texture.

I'll be painting these in about 5 days when i come back from a camping trip. I'll be camping right next to where they filmed Amon hen in the lord of the rings! ;)

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
You're very welcome. Remember to only use pure white on the most extreme edges, if at all. Warlock purple could well work as a wash in itself, it'll probably be quicker that way too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts