Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about starting a slaanesh army and was wondering if any one new what kind of role they suit. Are they shooty or close combaty or a mixture. I can't really decide and I want to theme an army and I want to go close combaty, but I can't go khorne because my friend has just gone Khorne and me doing that would be boring.

What is the special characteistics of an emperors children army? I haven't got the codex but i'd like to start a themed army and would like to know my stuff before I start.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A regular(ish) opponent of mine plays with a Slaanesh force mostly its a fair whack of short to mid range firepower (melta guns,doom sirens stuff like that) backed up by a couple of truely nasty close combat units (bikes and lord with a retinue). He does'nt do much in the way of noise marines though and his force does tend to take a beating against armies that can keep him at arms length and dish out pain from afar,but when the range gets to 12" he can throw out a fearsome pile of dice.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Emperor's Children are one of the best shooty armies out there, easily able to go toe to toe with Tau or whatever and can hack it in close combat as well. The shooty armies that I've seen use mainly CSM squads with the mandatory 3 Havoc squads with max blastmasters as well as a lieutenant w/ a kai gun. I imagine an assaulty Emperor's Children army would be heavy on demonettes as well as bikers, plus with some absolutely brutal demon prince.

But the important thing is, if you want to play chaos and assault, there are plenty of other options. Even if your friend is playing Khorne, that shouldn't stop you from playing World Eaters if you really want to. If you still want to play Chaos you could try Lost and the Damned from the Eye of Terror codex; you could play Khorne and stilll use a few bezerkers. They are more of a horde army than Chaos Space Marines using hordes of mutants and traitor guardsmen. Night Lords and Word Bearers also tend to assault well.

Beyond Chaos, a lot of ork armies can have that unstoppable assault power you are looking for. Also try Harlequins, though if youa re just getting into the gane you may not want that.

·
418 Posts
i play Slaanesh sometimes, and i found that they have are a powerful army
they can match the tau in shooting and the worldeaters in assault
and they are scarily powerful (not much of a manly army though)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by eatmydarkapostle@Oct 29 2003, 16:49

they can match worldeaters in assault
Bull Sh*t

·
Registered
231 Posts
yeah nothing can match world eaters in close combat except for a shitload of genestealers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
with the new codex ive beaten a khorne army in close combat because my Slaaneshi army was based on closecombat too check my armylist here:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=4651

I included the havocs for what was pointed out before, Emperors children do tend to get a beating when they cant get in range, ive had it many times before playing against my friends SM army, his devastator squad and dred would wipe out half my army before i even could summon my deamonettes/greater deamon
so i took the greater d out and replaced him with more troops and a havoc squad, keep the havocs and dred at a distance shooting any threat for your lord and troops to come close enough to shoot/charge then summon all your summonable things and CHARGE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.