Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im just wondering wats good way to use a slann? i just bought one.i havnt used him yet .btw i upgraded him to a 2nd genn and gave him magic items and stuff(he came to 550 points). i was just wondering how to use him effectively.oh and im gonna put him in wit a unit of 16 saurus warriors

·
Registered
29 Posts
dont try to use him as an independant war machine, use him with your other units. use spells like mistress of the marsh to slow down the opponents models so u get the charge or steed of shadows to get warchiefs/veterans in/out of combat etc.

a good combo to use is doom of darkness (lore of death lvl 5) and the arcane item rod of the storm.

which baisically means the opponent takes 2d6 S3 hits and if they loose one wound they take a panic test @ -3 great to use on god squads etc :)

hope i helped

·
764 Posts
im just wondering wats good way to use a slann? i was just wondering how to use him effectively.oh and im gonna put him in wit a unit of 16 saurus warriors
dont try to use him as an independant war machine, use him with your other units.
I would say that using him as an independent war machine is also a viable strategy. It depends on the rest of your army and your playstyle. One of the best reasons for taking the Slann is his ability to use any of the Lores in the book. That lets you see which army you are facing and decide what spells would suit you best. That also leads into the previous quote. The army you are facing can dictate how you play your Slann. Facing WE Tree Spirits then Lore of Fire and being living artillery works well, Chaos Demons use Lore of Light and blast away, Dwarves or Empire and Lore of Metal works well to shut down war machines and take out highly armored units.

So, as far as effective usage it depends on your opponent and also your playstyle. Slann take practice because of the huge versatility they offer. As for putting him in a unit, I would recommend the Saurus Warrior unit with Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl. This makes for a super-tough guard unit. Also, give the Slann your Battle Standard. It is almost a no-brainer.

Just a note: Using proper grammar and punctuation makes things much easier to understand. Also a forum rule.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
There are many ways to use a Slann. The best way is probably to learn through trial and error and see which works best for you.

I will say something though, for the love of all that is holy make him the BSB :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts