Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally got some more models so Ive decided to fiddle around with my normal list -- just wondering what you all think???

1 Brother Captain
-Psycannon, Daemonhammer
-5 Termy Retinue (Psycannon)

1 Cannoness
-Brazier, Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack
-Book of St Lucis, Frags

1 Inquisitor
-Psycannon
-3 Weapon Servitors (2x HB, 1x PC)
-2 Sages, 1 Mystic

1 Callidus Assassin

7 IST
-2x Meltaguns
-Rhino (Extra Armour, Smokes)

7 IST
-2x Plasma Guns

10 Battle Sisters
-Flamer, Heavy Flamer
-VSS (Combi Flamer)

10 Battle Sisters
-Flamer, Heavy Flamer
-VSS (Combi Flamer)

7 Seraphim
-2x Inferno Pistols
-VSS (Eviserator, Bolt Pistol)

2 GK Dreadnoughts
-TWLC, ML
-Extra Armour, Smokes

What you think???

basically Im just changing around the my usual Celestians in Immolator with Cannoness to Cannoness jumping around with Seraphim --- in practice its not done too bad, but C&C from you lot would help with the final nit-bits of the list

any feedback would be more than welcome thanks!!!!

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Overall, it's not bad. A couple of tweaks I'd recommend...

* Don't exchange a GK Hero's NFW for a Daemonhammer. For a BC, why not just spend a few points more than you are for the hammer and get a full-blooded GM? Better initiative, and a force weapon that is every bit as deadly against daemons as a daemonhammer. Either that, or instead get the BC a psycannon and give yourself a deadly, mobile, footslogging firebase or deep-striking threat.

* I think a canoness is naked without a cloak of st aspira and a mantle of ophelia. More important than a brazier by far (though obviously a bit pricier). I wouldn't join her to the Seraphim, 'cause then the Seraphim lose their hit and run abilities. Just run her close by as IC support.

* Since you're not using PAGKs at all, but are using ISTs and Sisters as your Troops, I find myself wondering why this isn't a WH list instead? You can still take GKTs -- only better, as allied Elites so you don't have to worry about the Independent Character issues associated with GK Heroes. All you're getting out the DH parent list is the ability to use dreadnoughts. But when the WH list provides Exorcists for heavy support -- which are cheaper and more effective than GK dreads -- I think the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Overall, it's not bad. A couple of tweaks I'd recommend...

* Don't exchange a GK Hero's NFW for a Daemonhammer. For a BC, why not just spend a few points more than you are for the hammer and get a full-blooded GM? Better initiative, and a force weapon that is every bit as deadly against daemons as a daemonhammer. Either that, or instead get the BC a psycannon and give yourself a deadly, mobile, footslogging firebase or deep-striking threat.

* I think a canoness is naked without a cloak of st aspira and a mantle of ophelia. More important than a brazier by far (though obviously a bit pricier). I wouldn't join her to the Seraphim, 'cause then the Seraphim lose their hit and run abilities. Just run her close by as IC support.

* Since you're not using PAGKs at all, but are using ISTs and Sisters as your Troops, I find myself wondering why this isn't a WH list instead? You can still take GKTs -- only better, as allied Elites so you don't have to worry about the Independent Character issues associated with GK Heroes. All you're getting out the DH parent list is the ability to use dreadnoughts. But when the WH list provides Exorcists for heavy support -- which are cheaper and more effective than GK dreads -- I think the choice is obvious.

A few anwers to your queries that you brought up::

--the Brother Captain has a Psycannon already, I gave him a Daemonhammer 'cus I spent freaking ages making one and wanted to use it lol (Though it may change after a few games to few up some points)

--the Cannoness I kept rather simple cus of points restraints (though If I did the above I could maybe get her something else)

--Exorsists are the same points as GK Dreadnought (148 with same upgrades if I remeber correctly) plus I dont really dont like the idea of organs on wheels :p) plus atm Im staying true to Deamonhunters OH and If I went WH then I would loose my =I= and Assassin (seeing as how I can only ally in 1 Elite choice AND the WH =I=s suck ass)

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
--the Brother Captain has a Psycannon already, I gave him a Daemonhammer 'cus I spent freaking ages making one and wanted to use it lol (Though it may change after a few games to few up some points)
There's no reason the hammer you modeled on him can't just be a NFW. There are no rules that specify what a NFW must be; it can be a hammer just as easily as a sword or halberd.
Draago said:
--the Cannoness I kept rather simple cus of points restraints (though If I did the above I could maybe get her something else)
As I noted, you can save points by not buying a daemonhammer. You can also drop one GKT out of the retinue and not lose much effectiveness but free up lots of points.
Draago said:
--Exorsists are the same points as GK Dreadnought (148 with same upgrades if I remeber correctly) plus I dont really dont like the idea of organs on wheels :p)
Exorcists with extra armour and smoke costs 143 pts, and is definitely a superior armour-hunting unit than the GK dread. The pipe organ Exorcist models were limited edition, and most people's Exorcists are either Whirlwind conversions or use the Forgeworld conversion upgrade kid, which make it look like a "normal" Imperial tank.
Draago said:
plus atm Im staying true to Deamonhunters OH and If I went WH then I would loose my =I= and Assassin (seeing as how I can only ally in 1 Elite choice AND the WH =I=s suck ass)
You have multiple ways of freeing up points. Take an allied Malleus Inquisitor Lord firebase squad, and then you get your allied assassin, too. (Just dropping the daemonhammer gives you the points for this switch, and who wouldn't rather have an I-lord with better armour, more wounds, and Iron Will?)

Besides, if you make this a WH list, you don't even have to take ISTs, who suck in comparison to normal Sisters of Battle. Your melta squad can be replaced entirely with Sisters for just 10 pts more, and you'll get a better squad altogether. Your other IST squad is barely useful, and only because it has plasma, which is unique to them. But plasma isn't so much superior that it's worth taking ISTs over Sisters. Replacing the IST squad with Sisters -- and getting VSS upgrades -- gives you more Faith points. Divine Guidance on shooting Sisters is MUCH more effective than overheating plasma on carapace-armoured humans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts