Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Players

1K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  SlimeyUK 
#1 ·
i hate slow players but where i am i dont have a huge number of options about who to play theres about 10 of us in total ocasionaly i play and my opponent seems to take at least 30 min per turn this drives me mad since i hardly ever take more then 15min wots a good way to hurry ppl up

#2 ·
If they're not too rude, try to help them. Y'know, like "here's the shooting phase. Do you want to shoot with this squad?"

#6 ·
Lets get back on topic here please.

Im a fairly slow player at times myself. I don't think theres any real way you can make people play faster.
I just let them play on, reminding them of the time if they are getting really slow.

TBH I think the speed comes when one gets used to the rules and such, at least thats what happens to me, Im not as slow starting as I used to be.

#11 ·
Well aren't we all in the fast lane today eh?

Ah well...

I have to agree, really slow players can be a pain in the rear end.
I can't say that I myself am that a quick player.
A good round in my opinion should take between 10-15 minutes for each side.
Some players do have a habit of using 20-30 minutes per turn... then they are just pulling out time/actually thinking a lot of what to do or just pretending to be good.

Just try mentioning the opponents time consuming to him, he's gotta understand how boring it is to what for the other person to finish his round.

But above all..... don't come here and complain about others time usage when you maybe use a huge amount of time yourself.

#13 ·
i wouldn't try to play anyone under 13 because being near them embarasses me, most of the kids in GW think "oh wow, neat!" then they get their mom to buy them a $300 tomb kings set and when they get it home they realize "uh oh MOMMMMMMMMM i have to put these together and glue them and paint them!"

#15 ·
Originally posted by Sister_mel@Dec 3 2003, 11:06
Poke them! :)
I like your way of thinking (Exactly wat i was gonna put :p)

What you could do is impose a time limit per turn. This should obviously be sensible and should vary for each army (Example an all infantry empire army without movement tays is gonna take longer than a compleatly cavalry High elf army)

Say once the time is up you have to finish. If there on the very last thing u might aswell let them do it, and if the other person has been slowing them down award extra time

lol i know this was a little complicated and im sorry :rolleyes:

#16 ·
or you could just use the time to examine what your opponent is and try to come up with a plan to counteract his moves and get the upper hand.

failing that just poke them with the red stick i know i do.

#19 ·
Originally posted by dead monkeys cry@Nov 7 2003, 23:24
i hate slow players but where i am i dont have a huge number of options about who to play theres about 10 of us in total ocasionaly i play and my opponent seems to take at least 30 min per turn this drives me mad since i hardly ever take more then 15min wots a good way to hurry ppl up
One way to hurry people up would be to play with a time limit per move.

Another would be to point a gun at them and shout "get a move on or i'll blow your (expletive removed) brains out.

Or you could just take a really long time on your turn to show them what its like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.