Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of days the site runs extremely slow at my pc. The loading of pages still is at the same speed but when I'm scrolling (both in a forum index and in a post) this happens extremely slowly. I only have this problem here, not on any other sites...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, lagging is the word I was looking for. I use internet explorer 6, but this started only a week ago so I don't think it has anything to do with IE.

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
Have you tried to delete all your temporary files ?. I can't be sure that has anything to do with it, but you should try. I will try to find out what this could be in the meantime.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I have actually been having the same problem. Only with this site.

Maybe the mods have an answer...

-Rob

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I emptied the folder 'temporary internet files' but I still have this problem. I'm downloading a new version of IE, maybe once I have installed that it's fixed (I hope).

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the IE installation is giving some problems (apperently it can't install everything or something), but I finished the parts that would install and nothing changed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just to make one thing clear: I only use Microsoft OSs and some of their games, but I try to get better prgrams for specific tasks like web browsing...
I use Opera 6.05 (although 7 exists...), and its so much better... All kinds of functions like anti-pop-up and autocomplete forms...
If you use KaZaA lite ull find Uhashes here: www.k-lite.tk the got to software in verifieds section...
If you want KaZaA lite go to the same site...
And for movie freaks go to www.fasttrackmovies.com (kinda good rip of The Towers came out three weeks ago...)

well, thats all the publicity from me...

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
Hi

A guy from portent were having the same problem, he told me that the code was repeating itself and thats what made the slow scrolling, I changed the standard theme, perhaps it could be that or there was something wrong with the server last night. I can't say for sure, but I hope it dos not happen again :)
Good to hear that things are working for you again..

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
ok, (found this post :wink: )
yeah, this is happeneing to me alot too, when im just scowrling.

And when i try to start a new post, every thing stretches out real far for a while

·
Registered
64 Posts
well, like just now when i started writhing this post ,
the "select foroum" and topic review (and pretty much everything else)
kind of dragged itself down

·
Registered
64 Posts
seems to be happening every where,
when i just tested (looked at the home page)
it was seriously strectched out (actrully it appeared to just be the "gallery" which was all stretched for some reason)

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
my 2 cents:

beeing smarter than your average bear, I use linux and the konqueror browser (and before any of you smart little dozer users out there starts trolling, Apple used the konqueror code for their new browser, safari, cause it's small, fast and standards compliant, unlike mozilla, IE and the like [although opera is good] ), and I don't experience any of the aforementioned problems, but when on windoze machines, I have seen them.

One thing I do notice, that makes the "stretching" effect, is that this site now has, sadly, come to include ~10trillion images, which makes loading it a pain in the ass, since I disable the cache. (and I'm on ADSL).

please, lighten up on the images, or better yet, do what I have done for my webgame, create a light version, that the user can select from the options screen, where most images are out, replaces by text or normal form buttons or whatever.)

too many images are evil, javascripts little brother actually, as js is indeed the morningstar.

;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.