Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm Chest Crests

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Sarpadon 
#1 ·
Just wondered what you SM Army commanders out there did yours as.

I did used to paint them Yellow, then another colour, Brown I think, then dry brush bleached bone over it, but my local gaming shop is out of bleached bone O__O *cry*

So Im thinking of doing them a different colour. I was thinking Black on the top parts of the Winged crests, with white for the wings themselves, maybe drybrushed a soft grey?

But any other ways would be great.
Ta

Toastee

#2 ·
I made my eagles the easy way. Painted them white then applied thinned down black ink. They didn't turn out that bad in my eyes.

#6 ·
Well, my marines are Codex grey with Lightning Bolt blue shoulder plates so I paint the chest eagle (and all other eagle motifs white with black wash.

#7 ·
If it helps my colours are all blue.

I want something different, as I think the ultramarines have a yellow kind of chest eagle.

So the Black on the top parts of the Winged crests, with white for the wings themselves, maybe drybrushed a soft grey might work....
Can anyone else shoot some ideas at me for blue armour?

Ta
Toastee

#8 ·
My marines are black with ultramarine blue helmets and shoulder pad rims so i paint the eagle with bleached bone for the top part of the wings and then painted shining gold over a base coat of mitril silver for the rest. Comes out shiney and makes a good contrast to all the black

#10 ·
I have SW's so i paint the crests boltgun and then wash them with yellow/gold, it doesn't turn out to bad, and definately beats the plain gold.

#14 ·
to be honest have no idea, probably checking what people were viewing at the time and it appeared semi interesting, and didn't check the date, obviously.

#15 ·
Well as long as its been bumped I will tell what I do
A grey primer
Then I paint a coat of sunburst yellow then I dry brush black, looks good and when you do it right it has alot of texture, looks like it dose. I just started doing this I use to paint it just yellow but this looks so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.