Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the art work in the new codex and the new modles show the marines as knights with the hounor guard and new assault terminators. I thought it would be cool to build a bike squad converted to look like knights, except with bikes and not horses.
Any ideas?
I'm not to sure if I'm going to do this soon. Its just been in my head and I wanted to share.
If you want go ahead and do it your self. I would be interested to see or hear some peoples ideas.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It is a nice sounding idea. Perhaps using Nemesis Halberds as weapons, rather than trying to find/make a lance which looked solid and 40k enough. I use one for my bike mounted librarian's Force Weapon, and it looks okay (my opinion).

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thats a nice sounding idea. I dont think any of the lances would look right, so Nemesis halberds would do nicely.:yes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
i'm not sure about that, if you wanted a rustic feel to your space marines lances might be alright. It would also be a simple conversion and keep the bikes plastic, just grab the bike boxes you need, as well as a brettonian knights box.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having a hard time thinking of ideas other than more medeval looking weapons. One bike will be doing a whelly and the leader or chaplin is almost standing with his weapon high in the air. To bad you can have vetran bikers! Or honour guard bikers!

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Ah i wouldn't go lances at all.. seems to pansy to poke the xenos.

Either swords or Force Halberds sounds nice.

And maybe a sheild from the assault squad to add more knightly flavor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All of my bikers are converted to be holding bretonnian lances and I think it looks good. I also removed the headlights on the bikes and put those little arm shield things on there instead. My attack bikes are holding standards from the bretonnian knights box. Sorry, but I don't have a camera so I can't post pics.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Dark Elf Cold one Knight lances, The High Elf Dragon prince Lances, And the High Elf Pheonix Gaurd halberds all look cool for a kind of older looking more low tech look. And on the lances all you have to do is switch the arms out. If you want more of a normal marine look then the White Scars Commander body has a real cook looking body and Weapon.
I did something similer with my old Whitescars and it looked real cool.

White Scar Commander Body
High Elf Dragon Prince
Pheonix Gaurd
Dark Elf Cold One Kinght Lance

The normal White Scars also have cool weapons if you want some swords.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok, I'm jumping into the fray here...

Using halbeirds proparbly sounds like your best bet.
I just came to think of another weapon you could use, how about modifying the necron scythe weapons to fit marines?
I mean, halbeirds are generally not a cavalry weapon, but then again if you look at the Japanese they used their style of halbeirds, the naginata.
How about modifying something to look like them...

If you feel like using lances, then there are som fairly powerful looking Chaos Knights lances avaliable from GW. This type of chaos knights is the type that started coming out around 1998. They look very powerful and with a little reworking they could easily look like space marine shoulderpads and harms holding lances...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've been converting some bikers to that theme recently.
One I've already finished is in this thread, third post from the top (you might like to see what's on the first page as well, though).

Working on finishing the second, third halfway through. I'm going for a mix of themes for the basic Troop squads, so I have several themes to build full squads from later on.

Lances are nice and fun, but IMO should be used to represent Furious Charge (Be Swift As the Wind trait --> Bike squads for Elites with ability to buy Veteran skills).

Black templar, Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine and Khorne Berzerker parts with some extras from Brettonian and Empire Knights from WHFB are what I am working from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts