Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm playign the lucky 13's Campaign at my store.

THe next round is:

3000 Pt's. +1 Strategic Army Asset/ Apocolypse Force ORg Rules.
Last Round in, "if IT's green We can Kill it"
I secured 7 SAA Points, which nets me either 1 Additional STrat Army Asset.
Or 350Pts More of models.

I'll be using a combined SM and SW force, mayhaps some Guard.

Lsat time I sued "Recon" Which helped me like, twice lol.

I am wondering if Strategic Redeployment would be a good one?
Flank March with my Wolves?
Or go with ambush since most of htem take Flank March.

There is always LOTS of armor,s o my Devestators need to be firing lol. If I build a properly themed "Not on my watch" Terrain piece, I can use it in the game and give it a Key Building Ability from Cities of Death. I'm thinking Ammo Dump, for Re-roll to hits. Putting an anti Infantry ad Anti Tank Dev squad both up there and bouncing between the two.

Anyone with experience in Apocolypse games, using the different SAA please help me out lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Strategic Assets are always a pain to choose, especially if you're not sure what sort of army/player you'll be facing. Ambush is indeed great against Flank March, but not much use if you're opponent deep strikes/deploys most of their forces to start with.

Terrain can decide the success of an asset. For instance, Orbital Bombardment is great for hurting clusters of enemies, such as those hiding in trees or buildings, but not as much of a benefit when fighting against a force that is scattered.

If you know that you will have trouble capturing Objectives in no-mans land and your opponents deployment area, then Vital Objective can force a tie, or even win a match.

·
Registered
219 Posts
try that the hold at all costs one or maybe the supreme HQ to give your devs tank hunters

·
Registered
277 Posts
I duhn know about you but the shield generator is one handy thing to have for keeping some important units alive from things like the bane and rediculous numbers of AP 3/2 weapons.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
The Distruptor Beacon is in my mind one of the best out there. 50% chance of making ANY enemy unit entering play within 48" redeploy to where you want them to. This can reek absolute havoc on your enemies plans and can still be effective against flank marchers as well as being great against normally deploying units and deepstrikers. You have to find a good place to keep it safe so it doesn't get taken out but it is far and away one of the best assets out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts