Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
well,
you cant really go wrong with a rhino,
then again you cant go wrong with a predator either!

but considering the new razorback, vicindicator and whirlwinds arent quite out yet.
and from the sound of it this would be yuor first tank,

go with the rhino : D
unless you have are very shooty force, later down the track of being an imperial commander you'll need at least one of these guys (in the case of BA or BT's maybe 5?)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've always liked the Razorback. I dunno why, but it is the only tank I have ever owned. I still have it somewhere. But they have a nice mix of troop transport and shootiness. Though a Rhino is still probs better than a Razorback.

·
Registered
60 Posts
well, preds are great, esp predator annihilator, nothing can stop 3 lascannons :p, Rhinos are good for deploying your troops quickly and razorbacks are great for protecting your smaller sqauds (5 man veteran marine cc squads ...). You cant go wrong with a landraider either, its strong as hell and it can carry a termie squad. Vindicators and whirlwinds are very good for deploying behind your army and smashing the oppposing army from a distance :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
What does your army do? What are your general tactics?

Unless you play with lots of terrain, I'm not sure I'd go with the Whirlwind or Vindicator. There's just something about having a tank pound the other guy at long range that doesn't jive with the whole shock troop thing for me.

The Rhino and Razorback are both good, it just depends on what you need. Have a big squad and enough firepower? Rhino. Have a smaller squad and need some extra anti-tank punch or support against infantry? An appropriately armed Razorback will do just fine.

Then again if you want something that can act independently, I'd lean towards a nicely kitted out Predator. It's a bit on the light tank side of the Imperial Armory (I really consider it a light tank), but it does its job. I've had one for years and it's a reliable old thing.

The Land Raider? Okay, watch a shot of an old British Mark I(or IV) storming across a WWI battlefield, bullets bouncing harmlessly off of it, masses of infantry using it as cover as it rolls effortlessly over trenches and obstacles. Now look at a Land Raider and notice the resemblance.:) The Land Raider really is, in my book, one of two things: -> A heavy tank. Think Leman Russ on steroids with attitude. Hunting down enemy tanks primarily and blowing holes in things...big holes. -> A heavy infantry tank. Busts through a defensive line (such as a trench) and drops a termi squad behind the enemy's lines. This is, in my opinion, why it has a ramp on the front and heavy armor all around and is its real mission in life.

One thing I've always wanted to do and that I think would be cool is to combine the Predator and the Razorback into a combined force. Sort of an Armored Cavalry type thing. Punch through with the Predator(s), then open up the Razorback(s) (maybe Rhinos too) to let out troops to actually hold the ground.

In the end though, honestly, I'd say pick the tank that you think looks the coolest.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
As I've said before, I'm a rhino-lover so I'll recommed that! :wink:

In my opinion you should have a rhino for every tactical squad you have.

Then again, if you are playing Deathwing you should consider a Land Raider.

·
Registered
581 Posts
In my opinion you should have a rhino for every tactical squad you have.
Absolutely. After all, what's the point of a non-mobile space marine force?:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
a windicator for all the good reasons.
1. Looks good
2. Indirect fire.
3. The look on your opponents face when he realises that there are no where on the board that you cant hit him.
4. You can make annoying sounds when you fire it. ( try saying like falling bombs and have the satisfaction of looking over the board).
5. A HUMONGUS template

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Land Raider Crusader, Land Raider Crusader!!! And A whirlywind and a rhino and a land raider this works for me

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got a several rinos, a pair of razorbacks, a whirlwind, 2 predators, and 2 land raiders. I must admit of them all I like the land raiders the most. Next tank will be a crusader (for my jetpackless assault squad). I havn't played my Termies out of the Landraider yet. <_<

·
Registered
146 Posts
crusader they are for transport and they have a bunch of weapons...
armour of 14 and.... they can move 8 termies and 10 normal guys (not 2gether) and they are for every chapter but if you have black templar you can have more than one... see what you do with it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.