Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing a 1750 pt battle against an eldar ilyanden player and wondering if there is any weakness I should exploit against Ilyanden (wraithguards and wraithlords). The strategy behind my SM are assault marines (think Raven Guard) but it doens't seem like a good strategy trying to get closer to the short range wraithcannons.....any tips would be appreciated.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
If your going to get close to WG, get real close....like combat close. They are much less useful there. This is easily accomplished with Assault marines as they can stay out of range and then charge in on your turn.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Definetly, Assault marines are the doom against them. They are effective in close shooting, but once you hit them in CC, you can pretty much get them. Because they have only base one attack, most likely you will be charging. You have that speed with the jetpack. He will be low in numbers too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Remember try to pack as much attacks as possible, because with the save that the wraithguard have (I think you know), for such a high points value thats their only flaw that you can exploit. Theres also shooting, but hey your raven guard!

HPA

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Pretty much only the real thing to say. They play like standard eldar, except they will have a lot of those wraithguard, which is only the real difference, if you need further help you could try to post an army list and we can further help you from there. Otherwise theres nothing else special to exploit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts