Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to take my new Necron army slow, rather than jumping to 1850 with it I'm going to start at 1000. I just obtained the Necron Battleforce and was thinking of adding just a couple more models to it to make it 1000 pts, my list is as follows:

HQ: Necron Lord - 195
Destoryer Body
Warscythe
Res Orb
Phylactery

Troops 1-2: Warriors x10 - 180

Fast Attack: Destroyers x4 - 200

Heavy: Monolith - 235

The strategy is pretty basic, have the Lord join the Destroyers and wreak havoc flying up the field. Use the Monolith as a sort of shield/transport/shooting magnet for the Warriors. I was even thinking of keeping it and a squad of Warriors in reserve and attempting to deep strike near objectives. My only fear is that the Monolith may be a bit too expensive for low points games and I'd be better off with another squad of Destroyers or Warriors to help with PO. Let me know what you think.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
I'm always unsure about monoliths in 1k games. For some opponents it's like hitting them with a brick, others are going to have a laughing fit. For what you are working with as a base, i don't think it's a terrible idea, maybe you'll become more familiar with how the monolith works this way. For this points level your lord strikes me as being a little more decked out than I might personally prefer. At 1k the Destroyer Body and Res Orb are very strong just by themselves. Perhaps trying to squeeze in a couple scarabs or extra warriors would do well? But that is entirely up to you.

The Warriors and Destroyers are fine. I prefer 2 squads of 3 destroyers, however that's something you kind of work your way up to. And when you get there you realize it's the most magical thing you've ever fielded.

·
Registered
804 Posts
No 3x5 Destroyers is the most magical thing you'v ever fielded. As for the list I would have to agree with Alzer. Drop the phylactery and add GoF and Cmetron would be a better combination for the 25points you have left. Or just taking another warrior would work. I say GoF and Cmetron because it allows him to both cut units down and force your opponent to run away easier. In general what happens with phylactery is you roll a one and fail to get back up.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually thinking of dropping the Monolith and the Phylactery and replacing it with one of two things: either a 5th destroyer and an extra squad of 4 more destroyers, this way I have more Necrons for my PO count and a better way of stopping tanks. My other option was to take a squad of 10 Scarabs and add the lord to this squad for annoying pit trap antics, in which case I would then add a 5th destroyer and an 11th Warrior to both of the squads.

·
1,880 Posts
If you're making a CC lord, go with the phase shifter instead of the Phylactery. Preventing wounds is a big deal. However...since you don't have much in the way of assault units I would lose the points on the lord to JUST Lord+Orb, and gain another destroyer for example.

But I agree, my 1k list is SIMPLE.

Lord+Orb
2 x 10 warriors
2 x 5 destroyers

Game over... 30 S6 shots per turn in 1k is AWSOMENESS!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I use the exact same list dark trainer, let the good times roll!!!

Anyway, yeah dropping the monolith for extra destroyers is an option but it's up to you. I definitely wouldn't take scarabs though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm probably going to switch to your list Dark Trainer. It looks more rounded than the one that I had. So for Scarab Swarms, are they better in higher point games than they are in lower?

·
1,880 Posts
I'm probably going to switch to your list Dark Trainer. It looks more rounded than the one that I had. So for Scarab Swarms, are they better in higher point games than they are in lower?
Personaly...Scarabs don't hold their own much in 5th anymore. They used to tarpit units GREAT, but tend to die quickly. You can bring them anytime you want (cheap enough), however, I've played them about 15 times and everything I never got their points back. Just lackluster attacking last (except I1)! That's the problem. You lose whole bases by the time the LAST attack comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.