Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Any good tactics for fighting Orks? Does one just need to stay away and rapid fire them away? Or charge?
-What should a Snipers cape look like?(I don't think I'm good enough to paint camouflage like the one in the codex) And a snipers undercoat? Black or white?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Against orks I wound use lots of missile launchers (frag) Do not waste points on "overkill" hvy weapons. As for other usefull units I would consider a Dreadnought with hvy bolter and missile launcher. Perhaps a Whirlwind. The Landraider Crusader is also very usefull against weak armored opponents

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree MasterBelial, the best way to take out orcs is to keep them under a constant hail of fire.

Yes indeed a missle launcher will cause havoc, but at the same time do not forget some heavy bolters...nobs can be a bit harder to kill with just strength 4 weapons.

Do not, I say do not forget HEAVY weapons alltogether, the orcs also have access to "heavy" armour.
And it is always nice to take out those mega armour dudes before they reach your troops... ok so the orcs can't hit the broad side of a barn, but they sure will kill you if they reach close combat...
Tanks with autocannons are also nice... for you... bwahahahahahaha!

Anyway...Eztrovia!

·
Registered
64 Posts
ya see,
when i said that that was the painting foroum,
i was referring to the marines,
the scout psrt was fine.

any earth tone (browns, dark greens black, grey) would do for the cloak if you dont think you can do the camo,
and i'd just spray your scouts with what ever you spray your normal marines in (it wouldnt really make that big a diffrence)

o yeah, and bikes against orks to,(preffrably with an attack bike in the sqaud)
lots of mobile fire power there!

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
-What should a Snipers cape look like?(I don't think I'm good enough to paint camouflage like the one in the codex) And a snipers undercoat? Black or white?
Split up your questions, this belongs to the painting forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
It depends on what sort of Ork army it will be. Against a footslogger, you want template weapons, preferably Ordnance. However, if there are a lot of vehicles, or it is Kult of Speed, you will need slightly heavier weapons, and template weapons will be less useful.

·
Registered
295 Posts
why assault orcs? when u can use a land raider they can't hardly destroy? also, I believe orcs are nasty in HTH... so why not shoot em' down from distance?

I JUST SAY: HVY BOLTERS! don't allow them to save... ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Even with the reduced numbers of a Speed Freaks army the Orks still will out number the Avarage Marine Army by at least 2 to 1. I'd have to agree, best course of battle stand off and deliver lots of ordanace/frag missles. Then rapid fire with the tac squads. I like the idea of the mobil pill box, using a rino in the rear with a pair of missle launchers/lascannon/plasma cannon equiped Devastators. That will open up the cans and then use the templates to weed out the problems. If points arn't to big a deal then a 5 man Terminator squad with 2 cyclone missle launchers, 2 krak/frag grenades backed up by 5 stormbolters and heavy move shoot. LUV IT!!!!

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Termies cant take grenades so your better off staying away an just uloadig everything on them.

Plasma for the Plasma God!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.