Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have recently bought some space marine scouts with sniper rifles and I can't think of an interesting but simple way to paint the cloaks. My paint scheme is mainly green and red. I'm not a very good painter so i need a simple but effective way to paint them.

Thanks in advance

Hazzbob

p.s i currently have the cloaks painted red gore but I'm bored with it.........

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
Are you looking for something like a camo pattern? Or just a plain solid color? Do you have any pics of what you have done so far? If you are going solid you might want to try a neutral color like bone/white for the cloaks. Not necessarily easier to paint than red though...

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Slorak

Um I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but definately not a solid plain colour..... like i said I'm not a very advanced painter and all of the camo designs I've seen look very complex. If you or anyone else has tips for an easy camo design then that would be great...

Thanks Again Hazzbob

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Slorak

Um I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but definately not a solid plain colour..... like i said I'm not a very advanced painter and all of the camo designs I've seen look very complex. If you or anyone else has tips for an easy camo design then that would be great...

Thanks Again Hazzbob
Easy Camo:

Dark Angels green as a base, stripes of bestial brown and black.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
A fairly easy rudimentary camo scheme can be done by painting blocked areas of color (go ahead and make the shapes uneven) and then outline those areas in a nice solid black. The black lines will help make everything look crisp.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry everyone i havent been able to move forwards recently because things have been a bit hectic. Ive started the scout cloak and hop to post some pics soon....

·
517 Posts
The deep green and black are more summer colors, while the reddish is a fall color. Look for the GW guide on the wood elves. I think it came out around 8 months ago. That should give you some really good pointers.

Failing that, I would try to just stick with one seasonal set of colors.

Fall=golden tan, orange, brick red
Summer=deep green, medium brown, black
Spring=light green, tan, gray
Winter=light blue, white, charcoal

There are certain shapes you'll want to conform to as well.

Fall=splotchy like piles of leaves
Summer=large irregular shapes like full foliage brush
Spring=Thin variated lines like new growth
Winter=Hard vertical lines like dead trees

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Mini looks good, I do agree with Rex though. They'll be more effective if you set a theme for the unit. Urban Camo, Nighttime Camo, etc. You're on the right track with the painting, but the colors make him look more deer hunter than space marine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.