Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I have generally a snowy looking army, but I realized that most of my bases were grass. Before going back and changing them all to snow, I was wondering what you guys think looks better. So here are some of my old figures (these are like some of the first I ever painted so please dont diss, I use them for experiments ;P but the paint scheme is still about the same) and I want you to tell me if you like the snow or grass better. Keep in mind, these are the first snow bases ive ever done, so as I do more, they'll get better. Im just asking about the look (like how it goes with my paint scheme and stuff)...
So sorry its a buncha pics :p
Thanks guys!

PS
Shit that was way too many images, I probably should not have uploaded all the ones I took :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
To be honest, the colour scheme is a bit off to match either grass or snow. I would've given them urban basing.
Of course, if you're going for something like the Mordians, then it's ok but it does stand out a bit.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree with jonojoe- a mix of gravel, dirt, grass, and maybe a bit of snow would be ideal. Pure snow is too overwhelming for the models and distracting. Straight grass comes off as kind of bland. Go for a mix!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Of the two, I prefer the grass. But then I hate snow in the real world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts