Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON my model Sob bases i have a stone cobble sort of effect but i liked the idea of adding some snow to it. As i useually do i try to find something around the house to use before going out and buying something from GW for it, besides for snow GW just tends to paint those little stone pieces white. So i came up with something around the house instaed: SUGAR!.

It actually dosen't loook to bad, it even looks icey and glitters like snow, and if you happen to have the fine granulated stuff it looks even better. Looks pretty fierce too if you opponent happens to be a dieabetic. The trick is though to put enought glue that it holds on but not too much that it dissolves. I find it actually holds better than most over base coverings when dried.

Now my vehicles need that snowy touch, but i'm not sure if sugar is gonna work with them and the idea of flicking on skull white with a toothbrush dosen't sound too effective. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance
;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
How about using "melis/flormelis".... or rather poudered sugar... that could give a nice effect...

Try maybe getting a glue that has a very low viscocity and get an airbrush to spray it evenly over the surfaces...

But one thing, do you play against a lot of people that play on a snow landscape?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

and as for the landsacpe: not really but we do have a snow scenary and a snow effect gaming board with our games group (a.k.a. James' shed). I just really liked the idea and look of it, it adds quite nicely to the cobble stone look on my bases and makes sob look a bit more gothic.

·
Registered
290 Posts
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE VARNISH ON IT!!!!

sorry, but i have this vision of some unsuspecting person (namly you) opening your mini's box to see ants swarming the bases...

What if you didn't use water based glue (silly chemistry)? i mean plastic cement won't work, and super glue is kind of over kill, but still.

I have actaully seen snow type flock before its kind of psychodelic in effect, try and track down LRSeriesIII sometime cause he has some and might be able to tell you where/what it is.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm guessing your meaning use vanish on the sugar right?

Think that just gave me an idea for a nurge army...
Give them sugar bases and have the entire battlefield flooded with ants... kind of like a horde of pestilence right?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Aahhhhh, woodland scenics...lovely... :)
I found stuff like that last weekend, really superb stuff
I say some snow "flock", and I know perfectly well what you mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.