Librarium Online Forums banner

so.. Been working on my Black Templars.. WIP

980 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Chirality 
#1 ·
So here are a few of my pieces, not finished, but I figured out the full macro on the camera.

I had some problems with the faces in the past, and have attempted to rectify them here. I also need to clean up lines, and finish the detail work.

Toy Art Sculpture Statue Collectable
Toy Fictional character Carmine Armour Event

Toy Font Fictional character Collectable Carmine

Toy Art Collectable Metal Carmine

comments always welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, I like what you've done here. The sword and seals on the chapter master are particularly good and your highlighting of black is solid. As for the faces, have you tried an Ogryn Flesh wash? I find thats a quick and easy way to get faces done.

Also, what are planning for the bases? Leave the bases black for a black model would be a no-no in MHO.

Anyway, good work mate, I'm looking forward to more :)

#3 ·
I have not tried the washes as I do not use GW paints. Faces have been my bane for a long time, and this is the first time the faces have had any shadows.

As to the bases, I am currently a deployed soldier in Kuwait. So I do not have all my supplies to base them. But, I have plans to create a magnetic display base of a BT temple ruins, and will be basing all my minis to reflect their location.

#6 ·
I don't dip... I kinda did a reverse wash if that makes any sense... started with darker red and smoothed the brighter red into the center of the armor plates.. The finish on all the completed pieces is a matte finish that for some reason looks glossy.

I will have to buy a can of dull coat when I get back to the states.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.