Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I can tell you from experience that Skitarii with Drop Pods are pretty damned dangerous and quite a decent foe. I'd take them to compliment my Carcharodon army if I had any of them.

For Mechanicus, they're on the side of feeling more exotic with lots of gimmicky toys. However, I have yet to face the army, as a primary or allied detachment.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's a Carcharodon? Btw, I wrote into Games Workshop with my own ideas for the stats of the AdMech units. I was thinking, we have several horde armies, with Orks having Toughness 4, as a melee-oriented horde army. I was thinking that Skitarii can be unique, as a Toughness 4 horde army that is ranged instead of melee-based. And also to name them Soldier, Guard, Infiltrator, instead of their current names.

Skitarii Soldier: WS:3 BS:3 S:3 T:4 A:1 W:1 I:3 L:8 AS:4+

Also, each Skitarii may have some of their stats upgraded, to represent the use of bionic augmentation, like an increase in BS or Initiative. As a horde army, players must buy more models, so it is a win-win for GW. Also, I had the idea for them having bionically attached weapons, besides the primary ones they hold in their hands, emphasising further their theme as a ranged horde army.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts