Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone coming across any snares or army lists that are proving a challenge? Let's see some more posts of ideas, experiments and the sort so we can all put our heads together! For the meantime, here's a tyrant to think about, he's a defensive and offensive hybrid meant to neuter characters:

Tyrant: warrior bane, greedy fist, mawseeker bigname, pot of speed ... 300 pts

He's effectively a monstrous creature (str 6, T6, 5 wounds, 5 attacks) with all his attacks at initiative order, a 6+ ward that can disarm people that strike 1st with mgc weaps and permanently does -1 attack to the enemy for each unsaved wound inflicted. Try to ensure that he's in base with the target and pop his pot and he's suddenly I7 and should be able to cancel even asf reroll from all but elf combat lords, some SCs and Lord vampires. Even then, he's still T6 and should be able to shrug off most attempts by rank and even those pesky vampires hopefully long enough to attack back.

If you get tooth cracker off on his unit, then most GW troops will be wounding him on 5s or even 6s (even quicksilver bloodthirsty 30 million attack vampire lords would need 5's base to wound him, which would drastically drop the number of extra attacks that could be brought to bare)! If you don't, I7 for a turn could still ensure that Karl Franz or w/e combat beasts you might come up against are hopefully losing an attack or 2 permanently (as happened with my BSB going against him...and my BSB was still alive after 2 rounds of combat thanks to 4+ invul) before the lord is taken out, should it come to it. One could also, if they desired, throw on an enchanted shield, hvy armor and a luckstone, or just a charmed shield if you wanted for added survivability against those juicy targets.

Of further note is a brace of pistols, which could see that mage that's running around solo down a magic level or two on a 5+/shot (and that's at long range), or 4+ for a single pistol. All the previously mentioned plus the LD9 bubble or even 10, if in a Standard of Discipline unit, makes this guy well worth 300-315 or so points. You can even have this lord and a lvl 4 with a 15 pt (or cheaper) item in a 2400 pt list!

For 799 pts (in a 2500 pt list), you can field:

-The above mentioned tyrant w. a charmed shield
-a L4 SM with dispel scroll
-a BSB w. Tal of Pres, enchanted shield + Hvy Armor

That's all of your character bases covered with a price tag of just under 800pts, which isn't that bad. Especially not for all the roles you're covering with these chars. They're all fulfilling an important function: Tyrant kills + survives, or at least minimizes the threat of enemy chars AND gives your army high LD, the SM buffs and diminishes the probability that a Init test or game changing enemy spells go off, the BSB gives the crucial reroll AND is survivable. It's not too many points in a 2500 pt list, either. So, what do you folks think? And don't forget to post any problems or ideas of your own that you might have/have come across!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I 'd post my list but i'm lazy, my Gaming Group Have banned(i found this hilarious have now switched to Tombkings and still keep winning) me from using my ogres as ogres love me so much and have yet to loose a game since i updated my army to the latest book

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've done decently of late (I'm quasi new to fantasy) and my main opponent is a power gamer type who's both a REALLY good strategist at these games and a good conceptual list builder. I have a hard time against his VC and haven't beaten them in the 2-3 games I've played against them. 4x blocks of zombies, 4x lvl 1 necros, 1x lvl 3-4 vampire lord, 2x mortis engines, 2x corpse carts and 3x vargheists at 2k make things hard. My latest game was much better, but the blood and glory mission was my undoing (would've won if it was a straight fight. I played a 3k game and 2x 1k games last night against the new empire and high elves and won them all, though! By all means, anyone else that wants to step in with any suggestions for beating that list I stated at 2k!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts