Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 half finished cadian squads and various bits
1 tanith command squad box set
3 walkers, 1 hellhound, 1 basilisk, 4 chimera transports, 4 leman russ battle tanks
120 guardsmen, 12 flamers, 3 plasma guns, 5 multi-melta's 2 snipers, 5 grenade launchers
6 ratling snipers, 4 lieutenants, 14 seargents, 2+ autocannons, 8 heavy bolters
5 missile launchers, 2+ lascannons
1 capt with power fist and bolter
1 iron-hand strakke figure
ig codex, ALOT of extra bits , and a army transport bag thing.

i bought this from craigslist for 175$ i just started playing i realy only played one game at GW using their instore setup. it seemed fun so what the heck , i bought this and i am confused as to what everything is and really how to do much at all.

i dont know anything about setting up an army , i would like to know more about it .
i read a few other posts but i am still a bit confused . could some one help me setup my first army using these pieces?
thanks !!:soldier:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal for 175. Id set up 2 platoons with 4 squads apiece, one armored fist squad, make 3 command squads with the Chimeras, and sprinkle the heavy and special weapons in among your regular platoon squads. If you have any extra guys left over, you could try to make a few Hardened Vet squads for your elites choices.

Also, do you know anything about the doctrines system? It helps with customizing your army, like being able to take more tanks, infantry types, wargear, etc.

Anyway, hoped that helped a little,

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
What I would do first since you seem confused about the army setup is just read through the codex a few times to get the feel of how to make an army list. Once you do that, post a list on this site and we will tell you what we think about it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how would i make a command squad with the chimeras ?
i was looking through the codex and i didnt find anything about that .

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think what he meant was put you command squad into a chimera. YOu can find the option on page 39 in the command squad box where it says transport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts