Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I like rippers...they look cute and it's a nasty surprise for many opponents to find out that they're leaping and 50% of them have rending claws ;)

jwu

·
Registered
849 Posts
I Love a Bug of my own creation called the Dragon Tyrant. It boasts Four wings, a S of 9, rending claws and Scything talons, along with extended Carapace. This beastie kicks ass! I ripped the ***** out of my friend's Lemun Russ in like the second turn! BYE BYE!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Rending claws are inefficient on a S9 model, a second set of scythes is clearly more effective.

How can a hive tyrant be S9? Did you use the tyranid monstrosity rules? I hope those four wings are only modelled, without any additional effect compared to *only* two wings.

Monstrosities are heavy support by the way, never HQ.

jwu

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Please be more precise, what exactly do you want to know. I can't give you a complete summary of the rules, as these are copyrighted by GW and it could get LO into trouble if i post them here.

jwu

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rending claws do indeed have a place with the Tyrant...that being better armor penetration and auto 6-rolled wounds on the big boys in the game, specifically other monstrous creatures.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that being better armor penetration and auto 6-rolled wounds on the big boys in the game, specifically other monstrous creatures

You are half wrong. The only benifit of Rending Claws on a monsterous creature is the auto wound on a 6. Remember - Monsterous creatures ALWAYS ignore armor saves in close combat, and ALWAYS get 2d6 to piecrce vehicle armor.

So think about it - to get the benifit of rending claws you need to roll a 6 right? Vs a vehicle, if you roll 1 and 6 (thats 7) and have strength of 6 (non mutant tyrant) you are already adding 13 to your strength. Thats the WORST roll you can get. a 13 is good enough for just about any vehicle. Now you want to roll another d6?

Now tyrant is already doing s6 attacks on people wiht no armor save. So, unless you routinely fight things with a toughness of greater than 6, the rending claws wont help you very much.

Think abotu what you give up - instead of the claws you could take a venom cannon and shoot 3 times a turn at a range of 36" for Str8 with ap 4.

And to answer the thread, Lictors. Easily my fav.

·
Registered
163 Posts
my fav bug is the ravener. i think i have only used them once but i love painting the modle, and they look pretty damn cool im in the proccese of making a rending claw weapon beast VC ravener. 3 str6 shots with a 4+ to hit not bad and all for only 63 points. ouch

XG

·
Registered
231 Posts
OLD ONE EYE!!!!!! he looks so badass i dont play nids but i still bought the model cause he looks badass.

·
850 Posts
I like the Warriors and the Hive Tyrant. My third fav creature is The Red Terror.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My favorite is the The Red Terror. i'm going to try one of the Ravener weapon beasts with the Venom Cannon, that sounds pretty cool!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a special place in my army for Lictors and Biovores.
Lictors are absolutely sweet with their secret deployment , and are quite hard to kill , or at least when I'm using them they are. One of my more sweet stories was when my Lictor saved every wound through 3 Eldar Prism Cannon shots.

And Biovores..... the best long-range troop killer known to Nid science : Poison Spores! I've wiped out entire squads of my friends Eldar Defenders in one well-placed spore mine! Sometimes i even wipe out 3-5 in other squads! (You think that a Phalanx will work well against Tyrands? HAH!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotta be my winged Hive Tyrant with 4 scything talons, flesh hooks, implant attack, ext carapace, toxin sacs, and arenal glands! That baby tears everything up.

If I ever get pics, i'll post em.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.