Librarium Online Forums banner

So, what WILL be different in the new Codex (released by this X-Mas?)

845 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Da Mighty Camel 
#1 ·
So the guy at the shop said they plan on releasing the new Eldar Codex and models by around Christmas (translation: sometime early next year).

Rather than debate what should be changed, anyone have any rumors about what WILL be changed? I'm not talking minor cost differences, but things that will significantly change people's army selection.

#4 ·
crazzyroo said:
Also heard the starcannon will double in points cost...
That sounds bloody rediculous. It's already one of the singly most expensive weapons in the game (especially in Defender Squads). It's a great weapon, but it's not so great to deserve such a doubling in price. What's more likely is some additional restrictions, such as an increase in the minimum size for Guardian Defender squads. On other units the price might increase, though probably not significantly.

#6 ·
The only thing we can do is guess. And for the bloody last time, never, never, NEVER trust GW staff about this stuff.
I am so tired of people coming and saying "ooh, my GW-pal said that Wraithlord is going to be T7 and cost a quadruple of points. I like that guy 'cus he plays SM as me and he hates WLs and everything he says is true."
They are just giving you their personal wish list (and as all GW-staff plays SM, the WLs T is included on all of them).

#7 ·
Camel this one's for you 8) - One of the GW employees at GW said, the DE, Harlies, and Eldar will be combined into one codex, much like the Space Marine Codex and its smaller chapters and such. Also they aren't always wrong, the same guy said that for the Tyranids, they will probably introduce a genestealer HQ so you won't need a Hive Tyrant leading a Genestealer cult army, and voila....they have the Broodlord, and he said that about 7 months before the new Tyranid codex came out....So, usually they are their wishlists, but sometimes wishes can come true :yes:

#8 ·
Dark Eldar will not be in the new codex as they are going to be getting one of thier own, I don't know whom told you that they would be combined but they are talking bull. Graham Mcneil himself has stated on numerous occasions that Dark Eldar will be getting thier own codex.

#9 · (Edited)
Emp. said:
Camel this one's for you 8) - One of the GW employees at GW said, the DE, Harlies, and Eldar will be combined into one codex, much like the Space Marine Codex and its smaller chapters and such.
This is belived to be the guessing of some GW-employe that said it might be intresting if that happend. Then some dude heard it and spread it across every forum he could get his hands on. This have then spread and all major people at GW have stated several times at official events that it will not happend. The rumor has been around for like 2 years and it still refuse to die. It. Will. Never. Happen.
And so what he 'guessed' that one right? He might have seen the concept art and then tells people. And it was very likly that they would get one, even I guessed it. The BL is a Genestealer Patriarch after all (he just got another name) and those have been around since Rouge Trader.

#10 ·
The only GW employees whose words you should trust regarding future codices are those who are directly invovled with rule and codex design.

#12 ·
All I can contribute to this (meaningless, and much talked about) discussion without solid proof,

We don't know anything that will be in the new codex.

Nothing much to say about it. Sure you have rumours and such. Nothing is confirmed, (besides ranger models) I find it useless to talk about something that cannot be proved or confirmed just yet. It is too early.

#13 ·
Wow, Camel, chill.....when I posted it really was meant to be a harmless joke when I said this ones for you 8) I know they are only rumors nothing is confirmed until it actually happens...People are so cruel these days :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.