1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SoB Vs Crons – 1500 points

Lists:
Sisters:
Cannoness, Blessed weapon, cloak of st Asprila, frags, litanies of faith, Inferno pistol
Bodyguard: 4 Celestians +VSS W eviscerator, frags, flamer, heavy flamer
Immolator, extra armour, smoke
Sister squad: 9 sisters +Vss W plasma pistol, flamer, heavy flamer, imagifier, frags
Rhino, Extra armour, smoke
Sister Squad: 9 sisters +Vss W brazier of holy fire, flamer, heavy flamer, imagifier, frags
Rhino, Extra armour, smoke
Serephim Sqaud: 5 serephim +VSS W eviscerator, 2x twin flamers,
Exorcist, extra armour
Exorcist, extra armour
Retributor squad: 5 sisters +Vss W storm bolter, 4 heavy bolters
Immolator, extra armour, smoke

Crons: (from memory)
Lord, Staff of light, res orb, phylactery, something giving him an inv save
Lord, destroyer body, war scythe, res orb, phylactery
5 Flayed ones
14 warriors
14 warriors
3 wraiths
4 scarab bases
Monolith
2 heavy destroyers

6ft by 4ft Board is symmetrical with a hill in each corner, a line of fence running between the 2 hills in the north and the same in the south, a building, crater and wood in the middle

Deployment:
OK so he deploys first, his monolith and flayed ones are in reserve (woot woot) he takes the northern edge, he deploys right along the northern (6ft) table edge, from west to east, a warrior unit standing on the hill, the scarabs at the base of the hill, 2 heavy destroyers hiding behind the wall, as are the wraiths who have been joined by the lord with the destroyer body, the last lord has joined the last warrior squad and is on the hill in the east.

I placed my 2 exorcists behind the hill in the west, the retributors, dismounted, are stood behind the southern wall in the middle, obscured from the heavy Ds by the wood and the building, both immolators and both rhinos are in the south east, mostly out of sight behind the hill. Serephim are lurking with the vehicles.

We dice for first turn, he gets

Necrons Turn 1: All squads zoom forwards, including the heavy Ds who don’t quite get into the building. Nothing has LOS and range so no shooting, pretty ineffective frankly

WH Turn 1: the exorcists roll out 6 inches. Rest stays still.
Shooting: The first exorcist spots a heavy D and opens up – presto – he gone, the second exorcist opens up on the wraiths and lord W destroyer body, 3 hits, 3 wounds, drops a wraith. The retributors also join in (the wraiths are clearly making a B line for them) dropping the other 2 wraiths.

Necron Turn 2: Reserves: nada, WBB- 1 wraith gets back up
Movement: the warriors in the west make towards the exorcists, as do the scarabs, the heavy D makes it to the cover in the building, the wraith and lord make it to charge distance from the Retributors . The lord and his squad in the east continue on some sort of bizarre suicide pact, moving towards my vehicle/seraphim park.
Shooting: the heavy D starts by stunning the nearest exorcist. That frankly is it
Assault: brace yourselves, a single wraith and the lord charge the retributors, this kills two sisters, in a valiant display of arms, the rets fail to do anything, but decide to hang around

WH Turn 2:
Movement: the stunned exorcist pulls back behind the hill. The HQ immolator moves up to help the rets, its cargo debussing. Both rhinos and the rets immolator zoom up to the warrior/lord squad, debussing both sister squad, the seraphim also go that way.
Shooting: Exorcist takes out the second heavy D.2 full sisters squad both using Divine Guidance, plus the seraphim, plus the immolator effectively obliterate the lord and his entire squad (don’t recall what killed what, but for the record, this is: 1xtwin linked heavy flamers, 2x heavy flamers with DG, 2x flamers with DG, 2x twin linked hand flamers, 2xstorm bolters, 3x twin linked bolt pistols and 16 rapid fired bolters with DG).
Asasult: the Celestians and the Canoness pile into the wraith and the lord, using the passion, the Canoness puts 2 wounds on the lord, the combined might of the celestians and the rets pull down the wraith and the lord losing a single celestian.

Necrons Turn 3: Reservers: the monolith arrives right next to the vehicle/troops on top of the hill :)o) the flayed ones, clearly worried, deep strike next to the warrior squad in the west.
WBB: the lord in the east fails to get his phylactery to work so they gone, the lord with a destroyer body comes back on one wound.
Movement: The remaining warrior squad heads towards the visible exorcist and adjacent retributors. As do the scarabs and flayed ones. The lord W destroyer body charges the celestians
Shooting: the monolith defensive guns killed one sister. The template landed neatly on the seraphim squad, wiping it out (oh well, more faith points back)
The last warrior squad tries it luck against the retributors and drops one
Assault: the lord W destroyer body finds himself killed although manages to put a wound on the canoness

WH Turn 3:
Movement: Both sisters squads jump into their rhinos and zoom away from the monolith southwards. The immolator follows suit. The exorcist behind cover moves out, the Celestians and Canoness leap back into their immolator and roll back behind the exorcists.
Shooting: The exorcists open up on the warriors, killing 4 ought right – no WBB for you my son. The remaining retributors open up killing a couple more warriors, now roughly 4 models away from phase out,

Necron Turn 4.
Movement, the monolith drifts south west towards the action, the scarabs and flayed ones move to change the luckless retributor squad, the warriors move to rapid fire one of the exorcists.
Shooting: the monolith defensive guns get an armourment destroyed on one of the rhinos, its main gun deviates and fails to take out the rhino it was aimed at
The warriors manage to stun an exorcist.
Between the flayed ones and scarabs, the rets are destroyed.

WH Turn 4:
Movement: the 2 rhinos and empty immolator move up to the flayed ones and scarabs and debus their squads. The HQ immolator moves alongside the warrior squad and everyone gets out.
Shooting: the exorcist takes out a couple of warriors, the HQ squad with divine guidance and its immolator drops the warrior squad down to its last man who promptly fails his moral check and runs about 9 inches.
The 2 sisters squads, again using devine guidance and supported by immolator and rhino fire, wipe the flayed ones from the face of the planet.

Currently on the board is 1 warrior, 4 scarab bases and a monolith. With nothing eligible for WBB – he phases,

Absolute spanking victory

Lessons/points:
His deployment was shockingly bad, just not thought through at all, pretty much cost him the game.
Wooot that drive up, get out and use divine guidance was spectacular on every occasion

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
nice, i aint big on mounted armies but u uesed this one well and it wasn't overdone like alot of them i see.

one complaint ya only gots 10 flame templates so i suggest ya give the brazier to ur vs's and canoness that'll bring it up to reasonable standards. also maybe replace the serphim with dommy that have flamers roughly the same points but much better flaming ability :yes:

i am surprised a guy u faced lost so badly, tell the truth was he a newb cus he made soo many mistakes not least of which putting the 2 squads that could of done some real damage in reserve.

nice report though easy to read and ya remembered to post the lists so it's all good.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plague_00 said:
nice, i aint big on mounted armies but u uesed this one well and it wasn't overdone like alot of them i see.
To be honest the mounted thing is strictly there to ensure I get loads of flamers mate, though you may like that
one complaint ya only gots 10 flame templates so i suggest ya give the brazier to ur vs's and canoness that'll bring it up to reasonable standards. also maybe replace the serphim with dommy that have flamers roughly the same points but much better flaming ability :yes:
I make it 11 flamers, you aer either missing one of the immolators or the brazier, to be honest I need the Cannoness as she is, and I would do the dominion mix but the serephim squad of 6 is a filler (much cheaper than the dominions)

i am surprised a guy u faced lost so badly, tell the truth was he a newb cus he made soo many mistakes not least of which putting the 2 squads that could of done some real damage in reserve.
he aint a newb, but the flayed ones are a recent addition to his army and the lith- this is the second time he has used deep strike out of choice and it went really well for him the first time
nice report though easy to read and ya remembered to post the lists so it's all good.
ta

·
Registered
671 Posts
In turn 2 did you unload from your HQ immolator and then charge the same turn? If you did you can't assault the same turn you unload from a close topped transport.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sweet batrep, Cherandine! :yes: It's nice to see how devastating mech Sisters can be. :ninja:

·
Registered
346 Posts
wow, the necron player sucked. Good list though, not his though

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xrix1 said:
In turn 2 did you unload from your HQ immolator and then charge the same turn? If you did you can't assault the same turn you unload from a close topped transport.
I know I didnt, my meory must be failing me up there, must stop writing battle reps from memory and start taking notes

Cheers guys

Actually his list is pretty good at 1000 points, he has varrious options to get it up to 1250 and he threw them all in to reach 1500

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Necron player did make a huge mistake in deep striking that monolith if it had been on the board it would have changed the whole game but he didnt. Also it seems like he also spread out too much like he struck in staggered waves independent of each other. The biggest mistake I can think he made was rushing to you when necrons hate cc, and your so mechanised. You did an awesome job great batrep...you should find some tougher opponents...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cheredanine said:
SoB Vs Crons – 1500 points

Necron Turn 4.
Movement, the monolith drifts south west towards the action, the scarabs and flayed ones move to change the luckless retributor squad, the warriors move to rapid fire one of the exorcists.
Shooting: the monolith defensive guns get an armourment destroyed on one of the rhinos, its main gun deviates and fails to take out the rhino it was aimed at
The warriors manage to stun an exorcist.
Between the flayed ones and scarabs, the rets are destroyed.
Isn't the main gun in the 'lith Ordanance so it can fire the particle whip or teleport units and use the gauss flux arc?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, the Lith can't fire it's particle whip and flux arc in the same turn. It also can't fire the particle whip and use the portle in the same turn. I can, however, use the portle and the flux arc in the same turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts