Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So reading through the codex, I have a few questions about wording that weren't very clear.

On pg 31, under Shadow in the Warp, it says Perils of the Warp are nullified. Does that apply to me as well, or just the opponent?

On pg 37, under Nid Warriors, it says only one per brood can have a barbed strangler or venom cannon. Does that mean that only one warrior can take a BS or a VC, or that one can take a BS and the other a VC?

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
On pg 31, under Shadow in the Warp, it says Perils of the Warp are nullified. Does that apply to me as well, or just the opponent?
There is some debate about this. Most people I've played with usually just have it nullify the opponents and that's the way I like to play as I think it is how it was intended to work, but others insist that it stops everything, so I would check with you're opponent or the tournament hosts before if you are going to be using it.

On pg 37, under Nid Warriors, it says only one per brood can have a barbed strangler or venom cannon. Does that mean that only one warrior can take a BS or a VC, or that one can take a BS and the other a VC?
Only one warrior per brood can take either of the weapons, so only one weapon, not one of each. You can have a brood with 1 BS or 1 VC, but not a brood with 1 BS and 1 VC.

Cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
The shadow in the wrap says That "any perils of the warp will be nullified" which means both yours and your opponents are nullified. as the for the VC and BC rule only one or the other per brood.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The shadow in the wrap says That "any perils of the warp will be nullified" which means both yours and your opponents are nullified. as the for the VC and BC rule only one or the other per brood.
before we get into a long argument about what the codex says I would like to point out the GW is known to release edited versions of codexes after the initial release, which have minor changes to wording. However such is not stated on the GW FAQs or really anywhere - so people owning the older editions are left in a state of confusion when these debates appear online (there are also differences between translated editions ;))

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
I would like to point out the GW is known to release edited versions of codexes after the initial release, which have minor changes to wording. However such is not stated on the GW FAQs or really anywhere - so people owning the older editions are left in a state of confusion when these debates appear online (there are also differences between translated editions

Well, the way it is worded in mine, which was only brought in October, (any psychic tests made by the enemy...3d6....Any perils of the warp results are nullified and the power will pass or fail as normal) definately implies that it only works on the enemy.

Because you are not taking YOUR psychic tests on 3d6.

Warriors: Yup, only one per brood may take venom cannon OR barbed strangler.

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
... and the above posts demonstrate my point of the fact that there are several ways people interpret the rule :p I for one think Beardy is right, but like I said, it is best to just ask beforehand about rules issues such as this with whoever you are playing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Logically and fluff wise, it would make sense that it wouldn't affect either of us as there's a story in the codex about how the Daemons avoid them. The wording could go either way I suppose. Most of my opponents rarely use psykers so I most likely won't take this power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts