Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think I've disband that notion for playing tau, and I think I'm leaning towards the darker ways of chaos, I just need someone to corrupt me more, as soon as I saw the demon prince, and the new Raptors (oh sweet jesus) so bornin, please do you work and corrupt this poor soul.

·
Registered
290 Posts
When you dream at night, do you dream of pleaseant meadows?

Do you dream of all the happy little bunnies and puppies and duckies all prancy happily in their meadow?

I do, I dream of the bunnies and duckies and puppies in their happy meadow...

...and me in my combine mowing them all down!

Well, it seemed apt to me...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um, well every dream ive ever had since i was a kid ended in my ex-fiancee (even before i met her) killing me, or me killing myself..... if thats messed up enough to play chaos....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all i needed was bornin to talk me into chaos, and hes not here....

·
Registered
959 Posts
*spits on xaero* now your corrupted.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see this was a lost cause, guess I have to go play tau....

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you just want to stand back and shoot, play the wekling Tau. If you want to be able to field an army of your choosing then follow me down the path of Chaos.
Chaos will allow you to not just sit and shoot, you can if you want to, you have some of the best CC troops in the game available to you. Demons can alter how your army functions in insane ways. I enjoy sitting back allowing the opponent to come to me, just when he's about ready to move into CC I start summoning demons (by 3rd turn usually). Bloodletters are viscious especially against foes in power armor. Flamers of Tzneech can have great effect against hordes of troops e.g., Orks or I.G.
Take chaos and allow a style of play you are comfartable with carry you to victory.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Tau!? No way... guess who's back... B) Chaos claims Thy soul! I know you want to... you hear the Gods calling, and your soul hungers for blood, human blood, as payment for the betrayal of that corpse. Mankind had a great future, but not anymore. That fool thought he could rule mankind, that he could save it from the Xenos, that he could save it from Chaos... he could not. Now only fools follow this corpse. While millions give their blood for a corpse, we sit back in the Eye and laugh. We feast upon their blood, we slaughter them for sport. We offer their souls to Daemon so that they can torment them for all eternity. Only Chaos can come out victorious in this struggle. The ironic thing is that while they struggle against Chaos, they continue to make use of the Warp.
What future do you see for yourself. One where you die for a corpse? One where you die for the so-called greater good? Or one where you live forever, where you ascend to Daemonhood, where you gain powers beyond mortal comprehension? The choice is yours, and it's not quite so difficult as some make it seem...
I'd like to end this with a quote from the old Chaos codex.

"The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong, and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false emperor of mankind. Destroy the false emperor and his misguided followers, and revel in thier cries of pain. Their weakness can only be eradicated by their sacrifice to the Dark Gods..."

Okay that wasn't a completely correct quote but it's got the basic idea.

·
Registered
959 Posts
"DEATH TO THE WEAKLING IMPERIUM OF MAN"

zaero what section fo chaos are looking to join? cult army? or a specific legion?

all hail chaos!

·
Registered
182 Posts
chaos look to jacked up for me, i really dunno wuts so kewl about an army with horns coming out of their bodies, plus tau, now das fire power, chaos is never gonna give u dat kinda firepower...

Greater Good! and blast the damned chaos back to the warp using rail guns! ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Your going to leave Tau for this rabble. Think of the greater good. Powerful railguns, powerful suits laying down a barrage of fire. Chaos are the debasement of the Guela there eventual downfall. Tau are the new way, the light on the horizon just peaking over the edge ready to make all known to the universe.
Tau are the way.
Come back to the Tau and fight for the greater good.

·
Registered
959 Posts
chaos is the only thing eternal. you tau will soon fall like all the rest.

whats the use of a rail gun if i hold your skulls in my hand and your blood stains my armour?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Tau stands no chance. In a universe filled with imperial troops, Orks, Tyranids and Chaos, no new empire can hope to overthrow the rest. And Mystic, what could possibly be not cool about guys with spikes, horns and whatnot!?
Final note: I dare Tau players to go up against a well-composed Iron Warriors army...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking about a certain legion, maybe emporers children, but im not sure what legions are good at what, I know Iron legion are a big barrage type legion where they lay down tons of firepower, but I was going to be tau for that, so I want something somewhat balance, and good at CC. Another question, what the hell does alpha legion do, ive never seen an alpha legion army.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The Alpha Legion generally infiltrates. They get Infiltrate for just 1 point per model rather than 3, so if there's a chance infiltration rules are used go for it! At the moment they're also the only Legion with access to cultists.

If you're looking for a balanced army, there's several choices.
Black Legion is the simple one (good at everything, though according to fluff they prefer close combat), they just use the entire army list without any special rules, you could call them vanilla Chaos.
Emperor's Children are great at medium ranged shooting, and are also quite good in close combat as they have effectively I5 (6 on Lords/Lieutenants).
Deathguard is reasonable at both, but they lack heavy weapons. Their greatest strength is their resilience.
Word Bearers, with all their Daemons, are pretty good at close combat too, and you can use the Marines for shooting.
Alpha Legion is a bit like BL, but with infiltration and cultists, would be a good choice IMO.
Night Lords are typically highly mobile, but with few heavy support, so they may be a bit lacking in the heavy weapons department, though not necessarily, it depends on how you want to play em.

I think the other Legions favour one type of combat too much.
IW are all about heavy shooting, and while they can be just as capable in close combat as any other Legion, if you want to fit the fluff most fighting will be done at range.
WE, close combat only, unless you take some termies and 3 predators/defiler you won't be doing any shooting at all.
TS are shooty, not that great in close combat usually, if you want to take good close combat units with them you gotta spend heaps of points on them.

The best 'balanced' armies would probably be BL, AL and EC.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool, thanks bornin, I was thinking EC because of the minus one to the initiative for other troops, and the daemonettes are :D . But other than that EC seems real cool w/ blastmasters etc and all of their special rules.

·
Registered
959 Posts
argh nooooooooo not more foul slaanesh worshippers! ohwell just means ill be able to take more skulls for Khorne.

anyway welcome to chaos and if any of you other misguided fools realize the true path chaos is always ready to embrace new souls.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Of course, and you will be too. Once Thou hast offered Thine soul to the Dark Gods, Thou shallt walk the path to Daemonhood or Damnation, and Daemonhood comes only at extreme loyalty.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.