Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to play in a big tournement but it's W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G (what you see is what you get) and my 3 squads of six noise marines (total 18), all with sonic blasters don't have them. They all have a close combat weapon and a bolt pistol as I'm using normal C.S.M. If I buy a squad of emperor's children I only get 1 so to get 18 is wayyyyyy to expensive. I've checked ebay but no luck, checked the UK parts site but it's closed down and even rang GW in the UK form Australia and they said that they might bring out a bits pack later but couldn't really help. What have all my fellow Slaaneshi worshippers done for tournements. My previous smaller tournements haven't been a problem because standard Noise marines have a close combat weapon, bolt pistol and bolter (but can exchange their bolter for a sonic blaster) and we have just counted them with the c/c weapon and polt pistol at time of viewing. Anyone with ideas or solutions?
;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you have lots of left over Chaos vehicle sprues laying around, take the daemonic heads from them and make some conversions. It should result in some screaming sonic blasters.

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have a photo to share - I did at one point...
To expand on what Fuard said,
On the chaos vheicle sprue there is the Doom siren. It's the Slaaneshi-looking face that is kind of flat. That 'face' of it can be glued to the front of a different weapon (like a bolter) to make it look like sonic weaponry. It looks pretty good and it is very obvious what it is, so WYSIWYG will look good! Nobody uses doom sirens on rhinos anymore, so if you beg and trade with anyone who has built a chaos rhino or predator, you should be able to get a few, perhaps enough for what you need.

'

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would recommend posting on bartertown if you haven't already. Its a great site to find out of the norm stuff sometimes. You can either trade stuff you don't need or most time ppl will just take cash as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did pretty much what Fuard and aeroplane have said above for my noise marines. Using the chaos vehicle sprues, there are gargoyle heads that are meant to be put on the barrels of your guns. Cut off the front bit of the bolters, stick the heads on, and cut off the clips of the bolters. Then for the wires/tubing for sonic blasters, use something like guitar wire to get the right effect.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys. All good feedback but I think I'm going to try and convert some tyranid weapons. Either deathspitters or fleshborers. I found a previous post and someone had done this and like the idea. I think deathspitters would look better but the fleshborers would be easier to convert. What do you think?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My local gaming shop had no problem ordering up 10 sonic balsters for my 2, 8 man noise marine squads.

but then again im from america for supply might be a little different here

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well just a week ago you could go onto the US online store and order sonic blasters and the arms individually. I went there to look today and its all been taken off the web page....I knew I should have ordered them when I had the chance!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well just a week ago you could go onto the US online store and order sonic blasters and the arms individually. I went there to look today and its all been taken off the web page....I knew I should have ordered them when I had the chance!!!
\

Incorect, they are updating the items for the '08 range, and Sonic Blasters WILL be there, check the news letter, from GW if you have it detailing the removed items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts