Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few for you guys.

Is the SW codex legal?

Is anything in it Void by the current rules (Like grey knights ability to cause instability and so on)

How well does it work in the current system?

Also

How similar in style is it to a codex army in both game play and painting, i dont want to get bored after one squad!

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
The codex is legal.

There are a number of changes and they are outlined in the FAQ 4.1 found on the GW website. It is here: http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/assets/space_wolves_faq_v4-1.pdf

It works great in the current system for friendly games, but I would not choose them for a competitive tournament army.

Space Wolves are considered space marines by a hair. They can differ greatly in tactics and modeling, though don't necessarily have to depending on your army selections. I love my wolves for the modeling possibilities and the fact that no two troops have to (or should) look the same. In a codex army the idea is that the troops should all look uniform, in a space wolf army they should all stand out as individuals. Many a space wolf player have names for each individual model, you'll be hard pressed to find that among the Ultramarine crowd.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Yeah SW Codex is still running... until the end of this year that a new one will be published! Then we will see the changes although I believe that they won't be too grevious!

Apart from that what can i say that JohnPublic hasn't already? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts