Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends that play chaos and space wolves and so on are gettin wayyy too powerful, especially chaos with their super psychic and new ablities....its starting to make me lose intereset in 40k, barely got a chance against all those bolts of change and chaos psychers

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Ask them nicely to change there lists. Or Improve your own!
Yesterday i saw an elder army like this:
3 Rangers
3 Rangers
1 Wraithlord
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar

And that was his army! 500points i think! You cant beet it, because you cant get enough weapons that can hurt the wraith lords with only 500 points. Not with my Wolves anyway!

So keep faith. Set up a really high terrain board so he cant target you with all those thingys, and strike the tzeench in assault (if your army alows!)

what do u collect?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its simple... ask them (and keep a straight face while you're doing this) if they really think that an army with a Demi-God Avatar of Khaine - only roused during time of greatest need, two of the rarest and most heroic things - containing the souls of the greatest battlesung heroes of the craftworld - that are *also* only roused in time of greatest need - namely, Wraithlords - and six low-ranking eldar scouts are really likely to be on a patrol together, and getting involved in a low-level skirmish.

If you're playing this at a club, or at a store, try to make sure that as many people as possible are listening at this stage. ;)

If he still insists that yes, of course three of the highest ranking people in an entire Craftworld would be out on patrol together with a half-dozen basic warriors, do your best to stop laughing and invite him to play a scenario using the snazzy new Scenario Special Rule that goes as follows:

Death World

Battles are fought all over the Galaxy - on all kinds of worlds, in all kinds of environments. From time to time a battle is fought on a Death World - Catacha being a shining example. Whether the dangers are from carnivorous plants or incandescent lightning-bolts that have long since fused the surface of the planet into glass, from pitfalls and sink-holes or from unexploded mines from some long-forgotten war, peril is everywhere you step.

Because of this, when a unit moves, roll a D6 for each model in that unit. On a roll of 1, that model is removed - the dangers of the battle-ground having proven too great.

If the unit does not move, no Dangers roll is necessary - any dangers in the area having been discovered previously.

I pretty much guarantee that after the first time his Avatar disappears into a sink hole, he might tend to lean a little more towards numbers ;) Or at least lean away from putting all his eggs in one basket, as it were.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah, I like Janus's suggestion. either laugh your ass off at his non-fluffy army, or don't play him at all. I like having evenly matched battles, and thats why I don't like tzeentch. they're too damn stacked for my liking. psychic powers are embellished far too much on the thousand sons and tzeentch marines.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just take Tyranids... 1 Hive Tyrant, who can deal with the Avatar... and the rest Genestealers (and Raveners if you can squeeze them in) ALL with their rending claws will rip apart ANY Wraithlord before they can think about scratching their ass!

·
Registered
523 Posts
40K AC are horrible. I have a friend who plays with them. He has several troops choices. 2 are Armoured Fist Squads in Chimeras. The next two and units of 3 Leman Russ battle tanks. Yeah thats right 6 Battle tanks as troop choices and then he has two demolisher tanks to fill in as his last troops choice. :blink: EEECCKKK!

Heavy Support is fun as he has two units of 3 Basilisks. And one unit of 3 Mortar Tanks. SOOOOOOOO Nasty! :blink:

All this for about 2500 points plus more goodies. You got command tanks and such.

I play him once in awhile so he beat the crap out of me but not often. Its not usually too exciting except when all those cannon shots drift back against his tanks. hehehehe thats fun. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.