Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that there are 2 new Empire figures in the GW Online Store, now up for Advance Order, set for release on the 29th of this month.

First up is this extra cool Warrior Priest. Doesn't look very practical in a game, but hey, it's a Collectors piece.

Next up is my personal favourite, possibly of all GWs figures. The even cooler Captain with the Gory Blade. Love the Orc head and the cloth cleaning his blade. If ever I needed a reason to get back into WHFB, this is it.

Again, sorry if these have been posted before, I did check the forum, but couldn't find anything.

-AFG

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, probably just the colour for the most part. I agree that the blood is a little extreme, but IRL it would have to so somewhere I imagine.

Of course, not that I've ever held a blood soaked sword...0:

-AFG

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Nice find! I really like that first priest one. I've seen the bloody sword guy somewhere, and I don't think I really like him that much... a bit too garish maybe.

It does look a lot like heinz tomato sauce :)

·
709 Posts
GW stated in a big Q&A awhile back that Ork blood is in fact red. They breath oxygen, their blood is red. If you look at some bleeding GW ork models, their blood is also red.

As far as the black blood in 15 hours goes, a book I read myself, take it for what it is. Author's use their own interpretation sometimes. Also, when blood dries and mixes with dirt and air, and can be very dark and nasty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If GW says its red, then I guess it's red. I myself like the idea of it being black. Just because they breathe oxygen doesn't mean thier blood has to be red. They are an alien race from a different planet so they might not have the same anatomy 101 as the human race.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You guys are crossing Fantasy over with 40k... not a good idea. Orks maybe have red blood, Orcs maybe have black blood. They don't have to be the same.

I'm not sure if I like the blood on that model's sword or not, but I definitely like the hand holding the cloth, to clean the blade. That's just cool.
Meh, you never know, fantasy could quite possibly be the prelude to 40k... (The eldar and elves look a lot alike...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.