Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry for posting in the Armies area but wasnt sure where else to post!

Recently got back into 40K after a long time out. One of my mates has done the same but as everyone will appreciate playing the same two armies can get a bit tedious!

Does anyone know of any gaming clubs in around either Gloucester / Cheltenham or Bristol area and if they are any good?

I am also looking at starting up a UK wargaming site soon online and need to start getting more players as contacts so when we open up for challenges we hav the players to play.

Any info will always be appreciated and well any ideas you would like to see on the upcoming site as well are apreciated.

Neil

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hiya, i'm not sure on the areas you've mentioned but if you are up for a little bit of travel we have the Southampton Sluggaz in Southampton, the Salisbury legion in Salisbury, Ammobunker in Winchester, Brighton Warlords in Brighton (i know technically south east but if you're looking to compile a list...), Woking Wierdboys and the Hydra gaming club out in the New Forest somewhere.

hope this helps, i know the Sluggaz, Warlords, Wierdboys and the Legion all run regular tournaments and the UK GT is often played at both Woking and Brighton.

take a look on facebook as they all have pages and most will happily network with other clubs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the response. I am more South West being Gloucester way. Heard that Bristol have a couple and are only 40 mins away. Since I am getting back into the game and rules after not playing since 2nd edition will have a few local games before I have to play further afield or go into any tournaments.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No problem at all, feel free to take a look at the clubs though as it's sometimes nice to get inspiration from gamers outside of your player pool (hence why I'm on forums and various groups), if you find any particularly good groups feel free to give me a shout.

Best of luck and welcome back to the game

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again thanks. Yeah may well travel about once I am more clued up again with the rules which shouldn't be long.

Good to be back!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I've not made it to the club in quite a while, and my membership has expired since I last did, so in a strict sense I suppose the answer's no. But I am still in the FB group - and since I recognise the models you just posted on here, I suppose I should be able to work out who you are...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts