Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I never played it - but it was supposed to be small tactical warfare indoors. I'm sure wikipedia would have something on it :p

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
In a nutshell, if you have seen the movie 'Aliens' (the 2nd one...) that is the gist of the game.

Tight corridors, shoot the aliens (genestealers) before they get to you, because in hand-to-hand, you were going to lose. VERY fast playing, the imperial player even had an egg timer to do all his moves in!! You had to make your moves in 2-3 minuites of REAL time!! Leadership got you more time, but if sarge was dead, you had LESS time.

An awesome game. Incomplete sets sell on Ebay for $100 bucks!

It was/is the best game that GW has ever made. The only reason why they don't do it again is they don't have all the rights to it.

Bummer.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Er... I'm pretty sure they have the rights. The reason they don't do it is because it is not a 'core' game and the studio is pushed for resources as it is without creating extra game spin-offs. It's the same reason you'll never see BB or Epic in the limelight.

To answer the original post- Best. Game. Ever.

Alien violence with lots of tense moments and every action counting. It's probably why I even have 40k models.

·
Registered
207 Posts
With regard to the sets selling on Ebay - I don't have a set, I don't particulary want one anymore either - I've been mucking around with rules of 40k and adapted some for a Space Hulk game (Not the classic Terminators vs Genestealers either). Althought I've added RPG elements in it and written a story line to involve the player's single model (either Space Marine or Stormtrooper) in exploring the Space Hulk. It is a lonely game, horror survival which was what the original Space Hulk was meant to be - I didn't know about the timers but now I'm gonna use them and nerf some of the hostiles because of it. If you're interested, I can send the rules to you. They're pretty much balanced at the moment, with different levels of difficulty.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry this is an old post but since things have hotted up in the Space Hulk world...any chance of getting things going here again?

I am loving it.
I have a friend who is taking forever to get his wolves army running and this has filled the gap while waiting for him to actaull get his modding and painting done.
We still get to 40K and the games are short and...not so sweet.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My friend and I have it. Have played it a few times and enjoyed it but was never blown away by it.
My copy is still in the cellophane!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts