Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a sm armor is ancient. Well how ancient? Do they still make power armor? if so who makes it? Any answers would be very appreicated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am pretty sure they can still make power armour and terminator armour. Terminator Armour takes pretty a very long time to make and it is very complicated. There are also very few left who know the secrets of how to make terminator armour.

The Adeptus Mechanics creates the armour or at least oversees all of the work done. Some armour that is still used came from the Horus Heresy era although these suits have most likely been retired or upgraded.

·
Registered
105 Posts
preserving is key

The chapter tech marines and servitors are the ones per chapter that carry the tasks of preserving the armor wargear and vehicles of the said chapter. That is why each chapter sends marines with a affinity for technology to mars to learn the religion of the machine god.:O

·
975 Posts
The majority of the armour and whatnot that is distributed is used and repaired. However each chapter has its own ways of getting the arms and armour they need. For example the black templars chapter must have forge worlds to supply their massive needs for power armour and weapons. And Even the ultramarines chapter had its entire first company destroyed somehow they were able to replace the terminator armour.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a forge world within the boundaries of ultramar (it's got ultramar all around it that is, it's not ruled by the ultramarines) so getting equipment isn't that big a hassle for them I'd guess.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
Its a mixture. Some power armour (probably most) is ancient a couple of centuries old minimum but unlike terminator armour Power armour can be replaced by most chapters with relative ease.

However some armour dates right back to the ancient days of the Heresy (MK1/2?)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am the Monkey King said:
I'm pretty sure there's a forge world within the boundaries of ultramar (it's got ultramar all around it that is, it's not ruled by the ultramarines) so getting equipment isn't that big a hassle for them I'd guess.
Yep, there's an Adeptus Mechanicus Research World within Ultramar called Konor and a Forge World named Triplex Phall near the Realm of Ultramar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
power/termnator armor can still be made but to meny plases the knowlage has been lost due to mankinds fear of tecnology

·
Registered
130 Posts
yes, power armour and terminator armour are still made.

BUT, if you want to know about the grey knights, they can make about 20 suits a year. All of the GK armour is thoroughly blessed. Thats why when a GK dies in battle, they try to recover the body in order to get the gene seed back and the armor (The gene-seed is rumoured to have come straight from the emperor himself)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Berny Mac said:
However some armour dates right back to the ancient days of the Heresy (MK1/2?)
Heresy armour was mk4, mk's 5 and 6 camout out prior to the siege of terra, mk7 (eagle armour) is the one with the aquila on the chest and mk 8 is the one with the neck gaurd.

(The gene-seed is rumoured to have come straight from the emperor himself)
Time and again this has been disproven, most easily because the emperor is only human whereas the primarchs were superhuman and made so that their genes could be extracted. (albiet thge emperor was create through a form of ritual suicide he is still technically an alpha plus human.)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have to say I'd class the Emperor as superhuman. Every fluff source of the fight between Horus and Him, especially the more recent ones, state that HE could ahve destroyed Horus with little more than a thought, even when he was infised withethe might of the combined powers of Chaos.

Also the primarch's were based on His genetic material, therfore geneseed originally comes from Him.

Note: Despite my rabid imperialism, my usage of the capital letter is simply due to laziness as it is easier to write.

Reactions: darkreever

·
Registered
105 Posts
beakies

:w00t: beakies rock we need kits of them those should come in the combat squads;)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I am the Monkey King said:
Also the primarch's were based on His genetic material, therfore geneseed originally comes from Him.
Ya I didn't have enough time to get to that little thing. Your right Monkey, the Emperor is in every aspect a superhuman; but in reality he was only tough because of his armour and as strong as his weapons made him. He was immortal and an alpha-plus psyker but the body of human psykers is always frail compared to that of a warriors. When I said he doesn't have geneseed I meant in the sense that his genes could not be taken and produce an entire legion, or twenty. The primarchs were synthetic people whose genes could be used in the way that his could not.

I agree with you on everything else you said Monkey, except the last bit cause hitting the caps lock or holding down shift is not easier than not doing it...8)

·
Registered
309 Posts
he was only tough because of his armour and as strong as his weapons made him.
There's quite common references to psykers augmenting their physical abilities with their mental powers, making them stronger, faster and tougher. I'm positive the Emperor could do this rather better than most (more practice if nothing else).

the body of human psykers is always frail compared to that of a warriors
Same as above, and there's no real reason for this, other than that psykers tend to concentrate on their mental powers more than their physical abilities. True some might be deformed in some way but certainly not all. And Space Marine Librarians are the perfect counter-example (even though they're not precisely human in all senses of the word).

The primarchs were synthetic people whose genes could be used in the way that his could not.
Where's your source for this? Surley if they could create primarch's from His genetic material, then geneseed from them it wouldn't be too difficult to skip out the middle step, or only do it as far as was stricly necessary.

The last bit was meant to say that its easier to put a capital on he or his than write out 'the emperor' every single fething time you want to refer to him, and still ensures clarity.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Your gakking right when it comes to replacing emperor with he or his...8)

My entire bit on the emperor is from second edition fluff, you know the stuff the guys at GW hq would rather forget. (while apparently some redshirts have no problem bringing it up except when the manager is there.)

That and cutting out the middleman with primarchs, he created the primarchs to lead the legions he was creating at the same time as he was the primarchs. You know the backstory during the opening of the great crusade, each legion's leader was eventually found and the 'first' space marine given the mantle of leadership to his respective legion.

·
Registered
502 Posts
About the grey knights gene seed. There are really only two choices. They didn't come from other primarchs or marines, so they must have come from the emporor. Either they were created in the same style that the original marines were made, or they created an entirely new gene seed. However, seeing as how the emperor made plans for the grey knights before the heresy, I think that their gene seed had already been made by the emperor but was not used and implemented until after the heresy. Since the grey Knights are a complette "secret", knowlege of any gene seed existing at all would not have been known. This means that the gene seed might not have been damaged enough for the use of a primarch to be neccessitated. My take on it: I think that the grey knights were created from the emperor, but the gene seed was only mildly broken, and scientists just added in blank genes, accounting for the reason why grey knights aren't insanely powerful like the original 18,000 marines were.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ah, 2nd ed, those were the days. Remeber the whole thing baout the '*****' in Horus' armour? That always seemed rather silly.

That and cutting out the middleman with primarchs, he created the primarchs to lead the legions he was creating at the same time as he was the primarchs. You know the backstory during the opening of the great crusade, each legion's leader was eventually found and the 'first' space marine given the mantle of leadership to his respective legion.
I was meaning that since the Space marines were amde from teh primarchs adn the primarchs from Him, surely they could have made Space marines from Him without too much effort. This si grey knight geneseed I'm talking about here, not any other type.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Ya I didn't have enough time to get to that little thing. Your right Monkey, the Emperor is in every aspect a superhuman; but in reality he was only tough because of his armour and as strong as his weapons made him. He was immortal and an alpha-plus psyker but the body of human psykers is always frail compared to that of a warriors. When I said he doesn't have geneseed I meant in the sense that his genes could not be taken and produce an entire legion, or twenty. The primarchs were synthetic people whose genes could be used in the way that his could not.

First off I want to say I do agree with you that GK are not of the Emperor's genes, I'm a proponent of the whole "Synthetic" geneseed thing.

However i'm going to go to say that the Emeperor was only in part human and fully capable of being far more than "Just what his armor and weapons made him". Psychic energies can change the physical realm in a matter of seconds, and the Emperor had thousands of years to do what ever he wanted to his body. There are many backround points to illustrate that the Emperor was even capable of changing his shape and appearance over time(he did hide amongst society for tens of thousands of years after all).

Furthermore look at illustrations, the Emperor is the same physical size as many of his primarchs. So he's just a normal human who just happens to be immortal, alpha+ level positive psyker and he's 9 feet tall? No. His physical appearance during the times of the great crusade was simply a matter of his personal choice and a necessity as he did need to be a formidable warrior, and a formidable warrior he was, with or without the technology behind him.

The Emperor could choose to have the physiology of a normal human, yes. However he was also capable of being far more than human. He was capable of beating any of his primarchs with or without his armor and weapons, hell, he was capable of killing horus even when horus had been posessed by the chaos gods incarnate(Plus armor and weapons).

So again, I do agree that the GK did not come from him, but I disagree that they Could Not have come from him, just that they in fact are a Synthetically prepared creation.

Reactions: darkreever
1 - 20 of 20 Posts