Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am new to Warhammer 40k, playing the Ultramarnies and have played about 5 battles so far and yet to win one! :p
I got a Space Marines Bike Squad for my birthday and I cant find anything in the rules regarding the armament on the bikes. The models have two bolt guns mounted on the bikes, the drivers have weapons in their hands.
If I go charging at an enemy, thanks to the relentless rule, the bikes can shoot and move, the question I have is can they shoot the boltguns mounted on the bikes instead of the weapons in their hands? Do these boltguns count as twin-linked?
If anyone could clarify this for me, I might even win my next battle! :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
279 Posts
All Space Marine Bikers come with a Space Marine bike (p. 140, C: SM).

All Space Marine bikes come with a twin-linked bolter (p. 100, C: SM).

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I'm guessing your birthday present was the three bike kit, a sergeant brandishing a power sword, one biker with a Plasma gun and one with a melta gun ? metal torsos for the marines, but plastic ones as well on the sprue ? If so, Dont use the plasma gunner, make him a basic first casualty biker. The melta gunner is for popping armour but the power sword sergeant is not quite so useful in the new rules as he can no longer ignore all armour saves.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Fairly good advice there, praxis. It also means that you are left with a spare plasma gun torso for putting on a tactical Marine or wherever.

E.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yup, I got that very self same box set. Tempted to go get the Attack bike model tomorrow just to have that heavy bolter at high speed! :)
Any comments on adding an attack bike?

Ps, we're still playing 5th ed rules, the new 6th ed is a bit over budget! And what did you mean by the sergeant being able to ignore all armor saves? Are you refering to his power weapon?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yup, I got that very self same box set. Tempted to go get the Attack bike model tomorrow just to have that heavy bolter at high speed! :)
Any comments on adding an attack bike?

Ps, we're still playing 5th ed rules, the new 6th ed is a bit over budget! And what did you mean by the sergeant being able to ignore all armor saves? Are you refering to his power weapon?
It's a shame that you're not playing 6th ED rules, bikes seem to have been given a nice buff over 5th ED. Instant Death is resolved on the increased toughness from the bike not the original value so attack bikes are instant deathed on a S10 weapon now not S8. Attack bikes are a valid option, fast moving multimeltas are the most common one I see.

What he meant about the power weapons is that in 6th Ed they are now classed as AP3. So powerweapons no longer hurt Terminators. Only MCs and Cc weapons that strike at I1 are able to beat termies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts