Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my models, thinking of a new 600pt army...when it suddenly all just came to me. I got very excited...as it was like a flash of brillance and everything just....worked! The one question i have though is that i need to feild a Space Marine Captian. I dont have this model, and want to arm him simply with a BP and CCW. As i skimmed through my models i found a tactical squad sargent, armed with, to no-ones suprise, a BP and CCW. Now my question is...would i be able to use him as a Captian just down at my local GW or will they bite my head off? I know i cant use it in tournaments, and with conflict coming up im planing on buying a Captian very soon, but would most people except this....if not, is there anyway to convert him to be acceptable?

Thankyou for ur help
SB

·
Registered
925 Posts
Do you want to the mini as your captain?
There is nothing wrong with that. You are min/maxing on your hq though. You can use it tournies. There is no rule that you cant use a seargeant figure as your captain.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
You can definetly use it. There is no problems with taht. though make sure to find a replacement marine or sort to fill his missing spot?

You can take it tourney too, as all marines are the same, or should say, they can be used like that.

I.E. you can take a special character and just name it a captain instead of taking its special char rules. it all works out ;)

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
What you use as your figure isn't a big deal. It should display all appropriate wargear and should be a marine but other than that there isn't a problem with you using whatever figures you want.

Reactions: SquishyB

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweeeeeeet! That even saves me $26 cause now i dont have to buy a real one for conlict. :D

Thanks so much for your help...its cleared alot up for me

SB

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's fine to use it anywhere, but it might pay just to overload him with scrolls, purity seals, and other cool looking bits from your bits box. also give him unique badges on the shoulders, and if your feeling creative, a decorative base with skulls and enemy remains. I would still get a proper captain when you get the money, just so people aren't confused.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah you can use it but it wuld be abit lame.
Like he is ment to be your glorious commander and ment to look unique to the rest of your army,you should be able to pick him out basically.
You should be ablt to say to someone who is my commander and they should pick up the model which is.
But of course you can if you want to. Or atleast until you get enough money to buy a respectful one lol.

Cheers,
Tycho

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Well oppinions:

-Money saving way, do it. Its all good. If you do not care about appearance, and such taht much then your all okay.

-If you are later on thinking about, hey I have this extra cash and I want some figureheads for my army, then picking up a new commander may sound like a deal.

Otherwise it is all okay. and happy gaming in conflict ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts