Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many different space marine chaper foundings were there and what were they? Like second founding making all the succesor chapters to the original 20, or the cursed 21st founding?

Working on some fluff for my Amethyst Spiders chapter and need some help.

·
is Alpharius
477 Posts
Uh, There were 20 first founding chapters and an unknown amount of second and onwards founding chapters so just choose an founding number.
The cursed foudning chapters were like Fire Hawks etc, ones were the geneseed mutated rapidly and horribly.

Yes, there where 20 FF Legions, 2 of which we dont know the names of. That leaves 18 of them. Approximently half of them (9) rebelled during the Horus Heresy.

The second founding was decreeded 7 years after the death of Warmaster Horus. The remaining SpaceMarine Legions where divided into 1000 man chapters, some Legions split into 2 or 3 chapters, some split only once like the SpaceWolves, the UltraMarines split into 23 chapters. There have been 26 foundings in total, the last one being in 990ish M41.

I hope that helps a little, other then the second , 13th and 21 foundings, not much is know about any of them.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Yes, there where 20 FF chapters, 2 of which we dont know the names of. That leaves 18 of them. Approximently half of them (9) rebelled during the Horus Heresy.
Remember Mike, the first founding hasn't been chapters since rogue trader; the original first founding of the space marines has them in legions now...:C (Well back then, after the second founding they were broken down into those chapters so that no one commander could ever have control over so many.)

·
is Alpharius
477 Posts
Remember Mike, the first founding hasn't been chapters since rogue trader; the original first founding of the space marines has them in legions now...:C (Well back then, after the second founding they were broken down into those chapters so that no one commander could ever have control over so many.)
What are you talking about my Friend....I see nothing wrong with that post...;) heh

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
What are you talking about my Friend....I see nothing wrong with that post...;) heh
The edit button can help to hide the truth, but what we quote in posts does not change with it...:C

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im trying to make a successor chapter to the Blood ravens to explain my chapters high level of librarians but it doesnt say when the blood ravens were even founded as a chapter, but it aludes to the fact that they are a loyalist thousand sons chapter. Is it possible for there to be a successor chapter to the blood ravens? And when would it be founde?

I was thinking that my chapter started as a massive relife force for the Ultramarines during the tyrannic wars sent by the Blood ravens (after the blood ravens rebuilding of course, refering to the chapters major losses in some battle were it was devistated) but they spent so much time fighting over in that part of the galaxy and there combat doctrine and chapter cultural practices changed so much that the Chief librarian heading up the relief force just reformed them into a new chapter and started recruting and rebuilding is force to a regular chapter size. Of course this was all sanctioned and supported by the terran laws. There is alot more fluff but I just want to see if its founding is even viable before i post the rest.

Reactions: jak3_dude

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well the Blood Ravens don't know how they were founded or who their primarch was, apparently theres a book known as the "unfounding" that details how the Blood Ravens (and likely others) are loyalists that broke away from the Traitor Legions. the thing is the Blood Ravens don't really have enough troops to found another chapter, as their constant wars to prove themselves loyal and worthy depletes their numbers rapidly. If you ignore all that you basically just have to have a reason for their break off and their increased numbers, also explaining how many of their traditions and deeply inset things (like the Ordos Psykana) and how they regard Father Vidya (really the closest thing they have to a Primarch)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anyway for my Chapter to have the nightlords geneseed? They could also be unaware of there founding and that could explain there high level of librarians because the night lords primarch was cursed with visions of the future if im not mistaken making him a psyker. Does anyone have any other ideas about how my chapters founding could be incorporated into why they have so may librarians. Sorry I like librarians (im also and eldar player, they got cool psykers).

Basically im another SM noob who needs help with his fluff.

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
As for the origina question, there have been twenty-six foundings in all, with the most notable ones being the first (legions), second (legions to chapters), thirteenth (Dark Founding, all information on chapters created, number of etc vanished) and twenty-first (Cursed Founding, largest number of chapters founded since the second founding, many things wrong with most of the chapters created at this time).

the thing is the Blood Ravens don't really have enough troops to found another chapter, as their constant wars to prove themselves loyal and worthy depletes their numbers rapidly.
This doesn't work, Imperial chapters aren't created by othe chapters getting isolated/too big and then splitting off on their own, they're officially sanctioned by the High Lords of Terra and the organs are bred by gene-clones until they reach 1,000 in number, at which point they're implanted into marine candidates.

Does anyone have any other ideas about how my chapters founding could be incorporated into why they have so may librarians.
Steering away from the idea of traitor geneseed would be a good idea, as the primarch's traits aren't necessarily reflected in their chapter (Sanguinius had prophetic visions too, but the Blood Angels aren't renowned for their number of psykers). A good option in my opinion would be to have the chapter founded specifically to fight things coming out of the Eye of Terror, and so focusing on psychic manipulation as a large part of their training as well as possibly having a large amount of psykers in the population at large due to their presence to so much Warp energy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.