Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i am an eldar player by rule and was wondering about somthing. my freind told me all of the genetic and phisical alterations they go through,.....so... well i mean i dont know if they have said it in the codex specifically ,...but.. i mean do they still have their manhood after all these alterations? (this is a serious question) i dont mean to be rude but do they? if so,.. this sure explains the "combat tactics" rule.....!

·
Registered
110 Posts
They normally perform the operations before puberty, so i think it is a good bet that the chapter would not want horny marines if they didn't have to take them. I believe there are exceptions to this, such as the space wolves, where they take fallen heroes. Besides Ragnar and that female inquisitor, i have not read of a single instance of sexual attraction between a normal space marine and another person.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I believe they still have their bits and such. I haven't heard anything about removal. I think this is a subject that GW has deliberately steered away from. They've left it extremely vague due to the fact they want parents to buy this game for the kiddies. Imaginary violence is one thing, but throw in imaginary sex and some parents will go nuts.
Fluff-wise, I think during the course of creating each marine, they may use brain-conditioning to eliminate the "sex drive" with replace it with a "xenos murder drive". Or maybe the gene-seed or other organs changes things.

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
This is quite interesting. I am no physiologist so don't quote me on what I'm about to say....

The testis, amongst other things, are involved in releasing the chemicals that start puberty of in boys and ensure they have deep voices, fill out to the correct shape, grow hair where they didn't etc. Also testosterone is produced down there (I think) which is the main chemical men have that women don't and allows us to function as men.

I would believe that through pschoconditioning Marines are tought to ignore there sex drive or repress it. I doubt very much that they would undergo sergury to alter that part of their body.

Remember that marines do not look at normal humans as equals. Indeed they see tham as a race apart and have no love, respect, affection, honour etc for any save their brotherhood and the Emperor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hold on guys lets think about this.
The SM are actually monks. i mean the they are a religion as much as anything else. worshiping the emperor. Also thier "home" are called fortress "monastery".
They devote themself to the emperor and his cause. So natually all senses such as greed, lust, envy are removed. But they can still be corrupted, hence why there are chaos marine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think they would still have their parts, because non-aggressive space marines wouldn't really work, would it?

Having said that one of the variant codexes (DA I think) has a ventruvian 'man' of a space marine, with that whole area smudged out......

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
Slaaneshi Marines exist. Ergo, Space Marines still got their plumbing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Space Marines still have their dangly bits, though they don't use them. It is a possibility they are sterile, but no one save the GM overlords know for sure.

They don't have a sex drive either, as others have noted, rather, they have, as me and my friends termed it when we had a similar discussion before, WARGASMS!!!!!!!!!

Emphasis mine but neccesary.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
My guess is that the Space Marines' brains were rewired as part of their surgeries to want to vent excess testosterone by fighting instead of making baebiez.

Also, I suggest that we table further speculation as this conversation has entered a death spiral towards 1d4chan, and when you've gone that low you KNOW that Slaanesh and/or Tzeentch are around the next bend waiting to steal your soul.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
That is kinda depressing though, it would be better if they at least checked out sexy women. They might even fight harder knowing they get to use their bits AND save the Empire... kill two birds with one stone, both satisfying.

Space Marines would be known for more than just being a sausage fest with power armour.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
That is kinda depressing though, it would be better if they at least checked out sexy women. They might even fight harder knowing they get to use their bits AND save the Empire... kill two birds with one stone, both satisfying.

Space Marines would be known for more than just being a sausage fest with power armour.
But then you wouldn't have a superhuman force who live only to fight. Distractions could cause weakness, if not outright corruption.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Firstly: fluff forum. It doesn't get enough attention.

Secondly: no.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
But then you wouldn't have a superhuman force who live only to fight. Distractions could cause weakness, if not outright corruption.
LOL i was making a joke. Personally its just a game so the fluff can go whichever way, doesn't matter to me :) But if books and what not say they go through rigorous psycho training and they have no sex drive, then they have no sex drive.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Though an honest question, this thread has come up before. Though it is indeed a curiosity, the subject matter does not lend itself to the age rating of LO. I allowed the thread to go a little ways so the question was answered, however I'm afraid it's going to have to get shut down before things become inappropriate.

*Thread Closed*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.