Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another old unit updated. I have seen several people convert a Sabre using the Laser Destroyer mounted on a Vindicator chassis and it seems a sensible way to go!

SABRE TANK HUNTER

A relic of the Horus Heresy, the Sabre Tank Hunter originally mounted an Autocannon in the front mount. Though there were other Tank Hunters devised, the Sabre became the most recognised and even though many of the tanks have had their Autocannon replaced by the much more powerful Laser Destroyer, the name Sabre is still used to denote them.

They are very rare in the 41st Millennium, and a Chapter will generally not commit them to battle unless it is known that a significant enemy armour threat will be present. Sergeant Chronus of the Ultramarines is known to be particularly protective of the pair of Sabre vehicles his Chapter possess, and it will be rare that one will be deployed without him commanding it.

SABRE TANK HUNTER ……………... …………………………………150 Points
A Sabre Tank Hunter is a Heavy Support choice for a Space Marine army.

Type Tank; BS 4; F 13; S 11; R 10

Unit Composition:
•1 Sabre

Unit Type:
•Vehicle (Tank)

Wargear:
•Laser Destroyer (see Imperial Armour 1, or the update on the Forge World site)
•Storm bolter
•Smoke launchers
•Searchlight

Options:
•May take any of the following:
- a storm bolter +10 pts
- a hunter-killer missile +10 pts
- a dozer blade +5 pts
- a siege shield +10 pts
- extra armour +15 pts

Notes: The Imperial Guard Destroyer Tank Hunter is costed a little higher and has better front armour and much better side armour, so I costed the Sabre slightly lower even though it has +1 BS, as it is much less survivable.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Another old unit updated. I have seen several people convert a Sabre using the Laser Destroyer mounted on a Vindicator chassis and it seems a sensible way to go!

SABRE TANK HUNTER

A relic of the Horus Heresy, the Sabre Tank Hunter originally mounted an Autocannon in the front mount. Though there were other Tank Hunters devised, the Sabre became the most recognised and even though many of the tanks have had their Autocannon replaced by the much more powerful Laser Destroyer, the name Sabre is still used to denote them.

They are very rare in the 41st Millennium, and a Chapter will generally not commit them to battle unless it is known that a significant enemy armour threat will be present. Sergeant Chronus of the Ultramarines is known to be particularly protective of the pair of Sabre vehicles his Chapter possess, and it will be rare that one will be deployed without him commanding it.

SABRE TANK HUNTER ……………... …………………………………150 Points
A Sabre Tank Hunter is a Heavy Support choice for a Space Marine army.

Type Tank; BS 4; F 13; S 11; R 10

Unit Composition:
•1 Sabre

Unit Type:
•Vehicle (Tank)

Wargear:
•Laser Destroyer (see Imperial Armour 1, or the update on the Forge World site)
•Storm bolter
•Smoke launchers
•Searchlight

Options:
•May take any of the following:
- a storm bolter +10 pts
- a hunter-killer missile +10 pts
- a dozer blade +5 pts
- a siege shield +10 pts
- extra armour +15 pts

Notes: The Imperial Guard Destroyer Tank Hunter is costed a little higher and has better front armour and much better side armour, so I costed the Sabre slightly lower even though it has +1 BS, as it is much less survivable.
It should be similar to teh Vindicator with respect to armour, and I see this particulalry as the "Dark Angels unique" weapon - i.e. other chapters may have them but 40K rules should be for the Dark Angels (Ironwing...)

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kithre, first off I agree about the armour - it already does have the same armour as a Vindicator though.

As for The Dark Angels - why? The Sabre was a known modification of the Rhino Chassis as far back as the Horus Heresy. I see no reason why it would be Dark Angel specific - in fact, if anything I would say it should be limited to Codex Chapters, as the others already have enough extra stuff to begin with (I know the DAs and BTs are suffering from Codex creep at the moment but the principle is the same).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.