4 vet marines w/ terminator honours [112]

Troops:

2 squads of:
10 scouts 130 each

4 squads of 5 scouts with sniper rifles 190 each

Heavy support:

1 predator Destructor w/ lascannon sponsons 125

Total: 983

Now is the part i need help from you veterans out there. Is this list terrible, or can it be worked with? What do i do with the rest of the points? Any other advice?
Oh, and tactics: attach Hq with the vets, infiltrate with the scouts and use pinning from sniper rifles to set up cc troops and tank.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, great advice, but my question would be what would the tact squads add, besides one better save. They can't be equipped for cc, can't be decked out with better ranged weopon, are more expensive, and don't have the infiltration and move through cover rules.
Termies are sweet but at 1000 pts not sure i want to drop the points on a groupd of 5, maybe i'll find the points somewhere to upgrade the vets
For bikes, not sure i'll need the mobility against who i think i'll be fighing
Maybe some assaults over the regular equipped scouts, but i think i would miss the infiltrate.
Oh, and if any one has a chapter suggestion i'm all ears

·
Registered
86 Posts
well the save between 4+ and 3+ may not seem different but you have yo consider alot of the anti infantry weapons out there are ap 4 (heavy bolter, heavy flamer, autocannon, assaultcannon) and well they are only 2 more points each. plus unless you plan to have somewhat of a scout type force, the tactical guys are good fluffwise. Tactical marines have all plastic miniatures too so less money actually then scouts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, hadn't realy considered all those weopons. still, i did have my mind on the fluff of a mainly scout army, and the scouts, with pistol and cc weopon, serve as better offensive troop for my purposes. With inflitrate should be able to get into ausault fairly quick, so unless you really think its worth it, i'd rather stick with the scouts. Thanks though, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
if your going to go with a mainly scout army (which is really cool in my opinion) then i would have to say you should get sme guys to support them. mabey some attack bikes. scout bikes and landspeeders would be cool. and mabey 1-2 units of vetrans to give you some staying power.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the praise on the scout idea
do you think its worth dropping the tank for bikes and/or land speeders? i can't see that much else to drop
also, i think i'll be playing an emperor's children army, if that helps
chapter?

·
Registered
86 Posts
well theres no specific chapter for scouts so i cant help ya there, but it definatly would be worth it in my eyes to drop the tank for speeders and bikes and stuff. but you might want to give your vetrans a melta gun and lascannon if you do so, and mabey give sum of the scouts melta bombs. against emperors children plasma and melta weapons would work good and ummmm well close combay is good for you but you might want something with a bit more power then scouts but then again you could just give the sargent a powersword for taking care of there power armour

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so how this sound: i drop the tank, add two either speeders or attack bikes with multi meltas, ad a melt gun to the veteran squad, and have 12 points to play with. Thoughts?
Also, i know no chapter has a focus on scouts, but are there any chapter's whose rules would benfiet me? the tenth company of most chapters are scouts, so it would fit into most chapters

·
Registered
86 Posts
get two speeders with multimeltas and take the terminator hounors off the vetrans and instead give them a lascannon and then youll have some points to give heavybolters or autocannons to the sniper squads wich would be really good

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how this: I drop the vets all together and buy 2 more attack bike with multi metas, in addition to the two speeder i would get for dropping the tank, give the librarian a bike and send him out this the attack bikes. adding the heavy weopons to the vets would make them lose the cc power i wanted, but if the infantry squad w/heavy weopons work better than the bikes, how bout instead i just consolidate two sniper squads into one, and add a group of tactical troops with heavy weopon. so its drop the tank for two speeders, drop the vets for either attack bikes or a tact squad. Which works better?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
wat i would do is this

Libarian
force weapon
bolt pistol
term honours
iron halo
jump pack

Assualt squad
5 assult marines
vet sarg with power sword and psitol

Scouts
9 with ccw and pistols
vet sarg with power sword and psitol

scouts
5 with sniper rifles
1 heavy bolter
4 bolters

scouts
5 with sniper rifles
1 autocannon
4 bolters

Land Speeders
2 with multi meltas

u got the scout squads giving cover fire and the speeders, taking cornors or objectives and firing then u got the assult scouts to infiltrate and hold positions, while the tooled up librarian and friends make their way up to support the scouts.

·
Registered
253 Posts
a nice chapter for scouts is blood angels cuz on a charge they so deadly so what if u have to drop the sniper rifles..... get a dreadnought or death company with chaplain

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So an updated list looks as such

HQ:
Librarian 151
w/ force weopon, bolt pistol, jump pack, terminator armour [91]

Troops: 143
7 scouts
6 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter [55]

7 scouts: 148
6 sniper rifles, 1 autocannon [60]

5 scouts: 78
bolt pistols and ccw, veteran seargant [13]

5 scouts: 65
bolt pistols and ccw

Fast attack: 155
5 assualt squad, 1 veteran seargant w/ power weopon [30]

2 attack bikes 130
2 multi-meltas [30]

2 land speeders 130
2 multi-meltas [30]

this is without factoring in the idea of a blood angel chapter, which i will look into more. thanks for the advice, keep it coming!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i would combine the two small cc scout squads into one, since they defently need the numbers.

maybe instead of a libraian, get a chaplin with a jump pack.

a. comes with a power weapon and 4+ inv save
b. way less points since all u would need is a jump pack

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good call with the chap, didn;t real cross my mind
so a chap + bolt pistol + jump pack = 91 pts, 60 less than the librarian
with that, i can add two guys to each of the cc squads, and with eigth more points i can.......
any thing?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
well shave some more points of some wherr and u can get a vet for the second hth scout squad. but again i would combine the two into one and give the vet a power weapon!

also who does the chap join? an assult squad i assume cuz of the jump pack.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so to redistribute the 60 pts, it goes
add terminator hounors to the chaplain [15]
add a power weopon to scout vet srg [15]
one more assault squad member [25]
leaving five points. this of course combining the two cc scout squads.
any last advice before i put this thing together?
thanks to all

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It now stands at:

HQ:
Chaplain 116
w/ bolt pistol, jump pack, terminator armour [46]

Troops: 143
7 scouts
6 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter [55]