Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making my own chapter using the newest rules and one of the trait advantages I picked was trust your battle brothers. If I'm not mistaken this allows each unit in my tactical squads to have true grit for 3+ points each. True grit allows the model to use a bolter with a single hand and gives it a close combat weapon. So I came up with the conversion for my units to carry a bolter in one hand and a chain sword in the other. I was wondering if this was legal or if I misinterpreted something.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
If I remember the wording in the trait, it actually allows the affected marines to count as having a close combat weapon and can use their bolter as if it were a pistol to gain an attack bonus. I don't believe you have to model the weapon, but no one should have any problem with it.

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
So I came up with the conversion for my units to carry a bolter in one hand and a chain sword in the other. I was wondering if this was legal or if I misinterpreted something.
That is how my Grey Hunters are modeled. I found that the best way to do this so that the models look natural is to buy assault marines rather than tac marines and simply replace the bolt pistols. In fact I can't really figure out why the Grey Hunters box set exists. To my knowledge everyone just buys Blood Claws and converts them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Definatly a solid choice in trait, but the thing is with the new codex coming out how many of the traits will stand? Because if they are getting rid of them both you and i will have alot of nice modeled nen and no real use for them. BUt good idea none the less.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about Space Wolves. They will have a new Codex too at the end of 2008. On your list though the codex change will have effect... I don't know how they will cover it. We will have to wait and see...

@darkreever: Actually they can use a bolter and a CCW without having the +1 bonus for attacking... ;Y

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Fear not

I don't think it is worth worrying about. Unless you are going to be running off to play in a tournament every week and need to worry about WYSIWYG you will always be able to use the models that you convert. I would be more interested in looking atthe conversions than moaning that they aren't kosher if an opponent put down some of the models you are describing while he was setting up his army.

Enjoy yourself!

·
Registered
260 Posts
seriously, if someone goes off on you like that please feel free to drop kick them

-V

·
Registered
217 Posts
True Grit is some fun trait. A must have for any shooting army. I've actually considered making my marines with that trait and modeling them with Grey Hunters. Let's face it, that would be pimp =D

And i agree drop kick that person, and once for me too

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Unfortunately the trait system will be dropped out... as they say. We shall see with the new edition and codexes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.