Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with Christmas coming up I will be getting a few models, but it is absolutely essential I know the answer to my question before purchasing. I'll use an example to help me.

I have my 10 tactical marines, and they have their rhino, which is limited to 10 men per rhino.

I have two of these, and a librarian.

Since the tacticals are full in the rhinos, would the librarian be expected to run, or...? Seeing as I don't see using a Bike or Jet pack a good idea just for him with no other similar units in the list (not to mention it would be an easy KP really) I was wondering if there is a widely used method to avoid this, or...?

I am aiming this question at 1000-1500 point games, if that helps.
Many thanks ;D

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Well, with Christmas coming up I will be getting a few models, but it is absolutely essential I know the answer to my question before purchasing. I'll use an example to help me.

I have my 10 tactical marines, and they have their rhino, which is limited to 10 men per rhino.

I have two of these, and a librarian.

Since the tacticals are full in the rhinos, would the librarian be expected to run, or...? Seeing as I don't see using a Bike or Jet pack a good idea just for him with no other similar units in the list (not to mention it would be an easy KP really) I was wondering if there is a widely used method to avoid this, or...?

I am aiming this question at 1000-1500 point games, if that helps.
Many thanks ;D
Only way to get him in the rhino is to take 9 men squads. Tis a bugger but thats it.

If you use him in another squad then you could say, drop pod him in with Sternguard. Pods take 12 men tops.

You could loose the rhino and have your librarian 'gate' the squad about. If you take some scout bikers with a loc beacon then the 'gate' will not deviate if you get the bikers in position first.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You could also combat squad one squad and leave the heavy weapon in a defensible position while the libby and friends use the rhino.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You could also combat squad one squad and leave the heavy weapon in a defensible position while the libby and friends use the rhino.
That's probobly the best idea, besides someone needs to guard the objectives close to your deployment zone.

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you use him in another squad then you could say, drop pod him in with Sternguard. Pods take 12 men tops.

You could loose the rhino and have your librarian 'gate' the squad about.
This is what I was going to suggest. Sterns are a solid addition to your army in any case.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
If your opponent is ok with it you could proxy your Rhino as a Razorback, as they're designed with exactly this in mind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help! I think I may be able to do without transport for KP games. I did'nt think about the defending objectives near you though(only played 1 objective game) so I will certainly make use of that ;D

And I use my razorback with no weapon as a rhino anywayz, prefer the look xD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.