Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right forum to post in.

I recently started working on my Dark Angels battle company.

However when I came to add the unit number over their tactical symbol I noticed the numbers 2, 3, 6, and 7 are the only unit numbers available on the transfer sheets I have.

Are there other transfer sheets with the numbers available or do people generally just paint them on.

I noticed that the vehicle transfer sheet has 1 through 10 in Roman numerals and the size would probably fit, but looking through my codex none of the units are numbered using Roman numerals.

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Well,
Command - Command Squad - Skull
1st - Tactical Squad - 1
2nd - Tactical Squad - 2
3rd - Tactical Squad - 3
4th - Tactical Squad - 4
5th - Tactical Squad - 5
6th - Tactical Squad - 6
7th - Assault Squad - 7
8th - Assault Squad - 8
9th - Devastators - 9
10th - Devastators - 10

Most people would do it sonmetihing like that on the left or right knee. You can either just do it on the sergeants of the squad which would let you use one vehicle sheet for the whole lot.

Any more questions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my question is more around if there are any sheets for marines that are actually numbers 1 through 10, as the sheets I have only have the numbers 2 , 3, 6, and 7

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was under the impression that the numbers were to signify the company #...

Squads usually have symbols ( an "x" for fast, arrow for troop...)... that's for ultramarine at least. I would think that they wouldn't give you all the numbers because you wouldn't need them. First Company is Deathwing Terminators only.. and the others may be scout or reservest companies. I don't know if it goes into depth about company distribution in the DA codex, but it does in the standard space marine codex.

-Razal19

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was under the impression that the numbers were to signify the company #...

Squads usually have symbols ( an "x" for fast, arrow for troop...)... that's for ultramarine at least. I would think that they wouldn't give you all the numbers because you wouldn't need them. First Company is Deathwing Terminators only.. and the others may be scout or reservest companies. I don't know if it goes into depth about company distribution in the DA codex, but it does in the standard space marine codex.

-Razal19
The Dark Angels has different heraldic-style patterns on their left knee pad to tell what company they belong to. The squad markings appear on the rigth shoulder pad. Red symbols with white numbers on top. A double arrow for tacticals, two crossed double arrows for assaults and a blast for devastator squads.

·
166 Posts
Another thing you can do is just flip the "6" upside-down to get a "9." So, with the standard sheet, you've got five squads covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.