Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first actual 1 on 1 1000 point match. Usually, since i was a newb, id be playing the massively unreal 5v5 matches with like 300 points and maybe the odd 600 point or so games. But finnally i had my way and stared a tyranid player in the shop dead in the eye....
The game was on.

Fists Of Midas (Custom Space Marines Chapter)
Traits: Heed the Wisdom of the ancients, No Mercy No Respite
Drawbacks: Eye to eye, Die Standing.

List:

HQ

Captain (60) .......... 95
Lightning Claw (Single).... 25
Bolter-Meltagun.... 10

Elites

Dreadnought (105) ....... 155
TL Lascannon...........20
Tank Hunter..........10
Venerable........20

Troops

Space Marines x 5 (75) ........ 90
Lascannon ........ 15

Lascannon ........ 15

Lascannon ........ 15

Space Marines x 10 (150) ........ 165
Heavy Bolter.......5
Missle Launcher....10

Rhino (50) .... 63
Smoke Launchers....... 3
Storm Bolter......... 10

Heavy Support

Dreadnought (105) ...... 115
Furious Charge...... 10

Vindicator (125) ...... 137
Smoke Launcher...... 3
Storm Bolter........ 10

Total - 1000

Tyranid Fleet Behemoth

(Not sure about all the upgrades)

HQ

Broodlord w/ Genestealer Retinue
They all had Extended Carapace, the genestealer having 2 (Is that legal?)
Nothing but 2 sets of Rending claws otherwise i think
They could infiltrate with the Broodlord

Around 300 points

Elites

3 Warriors
Death spitters + Venom Cannons

Troops

3 Hormogaunt Squads w/ The Comeback to life when wiped out thing.
3 Ripper Swarms

Heavy Support

Carnifex
Given alot of strength boosts, Venom Cannon and crushing claws.

He said around 920 Points (His loss)

The Turn

I got first turn, he deployed his Genestealer squad next to my Vindicator 12".
Deployment looked like this

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Argh, made a mistake about posting the thing above, lets see if this Pic works which i was trying to put in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rats, anyone have any idea how i can get my Paint image for this battle report into the report so i can continue it?

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Hormagaunt groups? as in the ones with sything talons (ALOT of people make the mistake between gaunts+hormies) They cannot have without number under 4th edition rules (Without number being the come back when dead thing)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mhm.. maybe a few were hormies and a few were normal gaunts. All looked the same to me X_X And id love to show you in a detailed battle report about how i squashed them, but no idea how to get My Paint pics up.

Ah well, ill just explain it without them.

Map

It was rectangle shaped board, average size. There were just 4 equally spaced out forests in the middle, leaving plenty of room to see through the gaps between forests and shoot at his army, that was in a big cluster at the back. His genestealers Infiltrated with BroodLord 12" away from My Vindicator. i spaced everything out along the other side, 2 Lascannon guys aiming down the left gap and one aiming down the right gap, guessing which he would send his squads most likely through. The dreadnoughts were placed in the middle and Rhino to the left, with Vindicator to the far right.

Turn one Fists Of Midas

Movement: He was really counting on getting that first turn roll, but alas, he did not. Slowly my Vindicator turned around and cast its sites on the 12" away Genestealer squad.. quite pleased. The Lascanon squads all stayed still, Whilst the dreadnought w/ Assault cannon and rhino w/ 10 Man squad + Captain moved up the Left gap. The Lascannon Dread Slowly moved to the side of the vindicator hoping to help with the broodlord problem.

Shooting: The Vindicatoe immediatly opened fire on the Genestealer squad, Rolled a hit and After the massive explosion of the demolisher cannon, 2 Genestealers were left and the broodlord with 1 wound gone. The lascannon dreadnough then shot and took down the last remaining Genestealers with Storm bolter and TL Lascannon. The Lascannon dudes could see Squat, and so the Rhino moved up to the forest on the left of the "Left gap" that i keep saying, and the Assault cannon dreadnought fired through the "Left Gap" With the assault cannon at 4 Homie/Gaunts killing 3. The Storm bolter of the Rhino then killed another.

Turn One Tyranids

Movement: The now very pissed of Broodlord moved towards the Vindicator, hoping for some revenge. The rippers and one squad of hormi/gaunts moved down to the left gap, where on the other side was a waiting Dreadnought and rhino. Everything else on the tyranid side plowed through the "Right Gap".

Shooting: Eveyrthing moved further on, and the Carnifex Shot his venom cannon at the Dreadnought, only to miss everything :). The warrior that could just see through the right gap behind the forest shot its venom cannon at a Space Marine Lascannon squad more to the right, killing 1.

Assault: The Broodlord gloriously charges the Vindicator, and rips its rending claws right into the Demolisher cannon, tearing it clean of. It also Immobilises it. So now youve got a sitting stormbolter basically.

Turn Two Fists Of Midas

Movement: the crazed thing that must be inside the TL Lascannon for some reason felt sad after seeing the Demolisher cannon fall of, and ran towards the broodlord. Assault Cannon dreadnought moved back down again, further towards the "Right Gap" but still in range w/ assault cannon on Ripper swarms. The Rhino Disembarked the 10 man Squad.

Shooting: Everything from the 10 man squad let rip, heavy bolter downing 1, and rocket launcher getting another of the hormi/gaunts. The bolters managed to down 4. The dreadnoughts Assault cannon killed of a Ripper Swarm. The Lascannon dude who had been shot last turn, returned fire on the Warrior, missing. Deja Vou with the other Lascannon guy who could see the Warrior.

Assault: The Dreadnought Charges into the broodlord, wildly smashing. The now not-so-scary-looking Broodlord only manages a Crew Shaken, and in reply the dreadnought tears of 2 more of its wounds.

Turn Two Tyranids

Movement: Everything around the "Right Gap" Plows on through, And the Hormie/Gaunts + Rippers on the Left Gap dash into the 10 Man squad.

Shooting: The Warrior And Carnifex again try to shoot at the Lascannon squads, reducing the squad i firstly said lost 1 , to only 2 men.

Assault: The Hormies on the left Charged into the Tac Squad. The Captain Immediatly rips his lightning claw through 4 Gaunts, killing instantly, And after the end of that combat, only 2 hormie/gaunts Remain and 2 ripper swarms still. The Hormi/gaunts, now out of Synapse range, try to run, but are surrounded and destroyed. The Broodlord Gets a rending and rolls a 6, but using Venerable i ask him to Re-roll, and he gets a 2. The Dreadnought then replys by Ripping the evil Broodlord to peices, ending its last wound.

Turn Three Fists Of Midas

Movement: The assault cannon dreadnought moves towards the big group of tyranids about to come through the Right Gap.

Shooting: The Lascannon squads, now finaly with an open view Of the group plowing through the Right Gap, shoots and downs 1 warrior, and takes 1 wound of the Carnifex. The Assault Dreadnought Fires and kills 2 of the Hormi/Gaunts coming on the right, and the TL Lascannon dreadnought just watches as its crew Stand back up.

Assault: The Captain and his crew Annhilate the remaining Ripper Swarms, not having lost a man from that combat, and consolidate towards the right gap. The Assault Cannon Dreadnought charges into the Hormie/Gaunts coming on the right gap, Crushing 4.

Turn Three Tyranids

Movement: Everything just moved to engage the Assault Dreadnought

Shooting: The Carnifexes and warriors line of site is now blocked to see anything by the dreadnought, and cant shoot the dreadnought either. Happy Days.

Assault: Everything Runs at the dreadnought Madly, But only the Hormies get to fight, as the Carnifex was 1" of. Dreadnought plows through 2 of them, only being grazed by there puny attacks.

Turn Four Fists Of midas

Movement: The TL Lascannon Dreadnought now turns around, and dashes to aid its companion in CC. As do the 10 Man squad who end there movement just behind the Assault cannon Dreadnought.

Shooting: None, Everything in Assault

Assault: The TL lascannon dreadnought joins the assault. The Wariors and carnifexes look at eachother, then see the Mass carnage of Hormie/gaunts being tossed around by two dreadnoughts, and decide to call it a day.

End Of Game.

Winner: Fists Of Midas.. Pretty Much a slaughter ^_^

I Know it wasn't great, but it was my first Battle report and i am a newb to the game. How did i fare?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you save the pictures in the My pictures documents section you can then go to image shack and load them there then post the links here for the BR. Hope it works :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Commissar_Malevich said:
If you save the pictures in the My pictures documents section you can then go to image shack and load them there then post the links here for the BR. Hope it works :D
Ah Thanks, Ill be sure to use it for other Battle Reps. Cba with this one now :p

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Please edit the army list such that the individual costs for wargear isn't posted. Posting such information is against forum rules. It's okay to have the total cost of the unit, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would do if i new how to edit mate.
But erm, enough emphasising the fact that im a newb, how do you think the match went?
Was i stupid? lucky? great? eh?

·
Registered
277 Posts
It would have helped greatly if you used pictures but you said you crushed him when to me is sounded rather an average victory. I mean it was kinda hard to tell how many guys were left on either side and how close to CC the tyranids were. The fact that he had to leave early could really been his demise as the carnifex is one beast in cc which I presume he wasnt all that far away. Also do the Dread and Broodlord strike simultaneously or does the dread go first?

·
Registered
648 Posts
the broodlord strikes first.
Alright I actually think you got lucky.....because the vindicator wiped out the good stuff on the first turn. Other than that it was pretty battle. Some good rolls on your part and some bad rolls on his part. Good first game but don't expect your list to take down every army that way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You asked if it is legal to give genestealers EC two times: It is not.
I also noticed that you wrote the broodlord taking 1 wound from shooting and 2 some time later from the dreadnaught. BLs don't have 4 wounds, it should have been dead by then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks alot for the replys guys. I had my second match today against a Nurgle army 1000 points, won that aswell. Not sure if to make it a report. HTWOTA Rules =']

1 - 15 of 15 Posts